• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:52:42 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

GeneralStrife

YES. Cid is really what I'm looking forward to.

Twinees

Update: Halfway done with Cid lol

@Kage, a solution? please tell me.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

This is outstanding. I really am impressed! Great work so far Twinees! You know, from this you could probably also make easily an Airship Engineer like in FF4, just change the hair to light brown and the clothes to a lighter blue and there you go. Are you going to use the existing portrait or make a new one? Dumb idea: change the singing poses into Cid on a cell phone, then you could have the "Airship" limit break. Twinees, you are a really good spriter! :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

October 08, 2010, 09:57:13 am #483 Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:19:37 am by Kagebunji
Heh, you used Gambler as a base huh. I always avoided Gambler, his colors were always a big pain when you wanted to change them. I will tell you how I made SP2 to work for me when I will meet you on chat. See ya till then!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "twinees"Update: Halfway done with Cid lol

@Kage, a solution? please tell me.
goddam sweet

Cheetah

OMG this is so sweet. The special frame with the spear is amazing, you should make it an animated gif. Where he whips out his spear and then takes out a smoke. I'm not completely sure about the palette, but it seems to really match the artwork so I suppose I shouldn't complain.
Current Projects:

Jon

A gif where he is just smoking and whips out some dynamite would be cooler man! Haha! Kablam! I could do that if its alright witcha Twinees!

mav

The palette's pretty dark, but I understand why. Just consider changing either the boot or hair color for now--right now they blend together, so the rear frames look a little strange. I also feel like his sleeves are too light, for some reason. Nonetheless, great work so far. Was there a portrait lying around for this fella?

Kagebunji

Inded there was a portrait, though two things:
1. it was for FF7:AC Cid
2. It simply sucks
So unfortunatly, if we want a good portrait for him, we need to do it ourselves.

GeneralStrife

Make his level up pose his smoking frame! I'll buy you a beer

Amici

Wow, Cid sprite is really cool, would make a great Mustadio replacement sprite :D

Twinees

October 09, 2010, 03:19:57 am #491 Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:29:02 am by twinees
Haha i like my mini pose of Cid also :P i was trying to copy this

@Kage, The male gambler is a very hard sprite to work out, the palette for front and back poses are different which doesnt help, i used it for the shading on the jacket for help, but that didnt help at all, i started all the poses from scratch in the end.

@mav, the palette is pretty hard, you could try to find and colour in there for the hair, but i doubt you will, i worked on it for quite a long time (with all sprite palettes except cait sith [ps. how is the palette going for him?]).

@everyone, glad you guys like it, i will continue it when i get time (i doubt i will be able to make him smoke when he levels up General Strife [probably because it shares arms for different poses]), but i will check it out.

Zozma

you're doing really well with this cid concept. i hope you can do all of them...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Jon

For his singing pose you could have him not move and have a cigarette burning and the smoke coming from it moving :D

Twinees

Oh, if noone else is, i will start a portrait for this.

Jon

Good luck and make him look please like the original, not Advent Children!

sol

man twinees ur good......the more i look at this the i realize how for i am.....

mav

Quote from: "twinees"ps. how is the palette going for him?
Heh, I guess I forgot to get to it. Work with the palette you have and I'll churn something out when the sprite gets closer to completion. I'll try something out with Cid right now.

EDIT: I tried my hand at it, the differences are pretty hard to notice, so forget it.

Twinees

October 10, 2010, 03:07:01 am #498 Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 06:51:35 am by twinees

this is what ive got so far, still need to improve things, like the scarf (atm i hate it) and goggles, tell me if u guys think anything else should be done.

Edit: or smiley :

Jon

Wow! Everything looks really good except the cigarette, I must be honest. Cigar /cigarette looks bad, but then again, this portrait is a bit small, could you post double size please? Very nice :mrgreen: