• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 01:45:41 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Changing the sprite an weapon uses in battle?

Started by A Blood Red Fox, March 11, 2014, 06:36:33 am

A Blood Red Fox

After changing tons of the weapons, I found that some of their sprites they used during attacks either didn't match up or looked really weird (it only looked weird in a case where I replaced a Knight Sword with an axe). How does one go about reassigning it? Is it known how to?

Jumza

I feel like this isn't exactly what you are talking about, but to change the sprite of a weapon go into ShiShi and find Wep1 and Wep2 (they are on the very end of the list) and edit them.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

A Blood Red Fox

Yeah that's not what I was referring to. I need to know how to change what sprite and palette the game is using for certain weapons when they are used in combat. I don't have any need to edit the sprites that are already there.

Celdia

You need one of Raven's spreadsheet workbooks. Find them attached to the first post here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7271.0

The 'Item Compilation Workbook' specifically will have what you're looking for.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0