• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Total Request ASM: All armor replaced by shoes

Started by pokeytax, January 02, 2011, 10:16:01 am

Xifanie

You forgot to reverse the order of bytes for all "Reaction X adds Y status".
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

pokeytax

Quote from: Pride
As a warning, you will slap yourself to why the .xml was broken.......

Quote from: Zodiac
You forgot to reverse the order of bytes for all "Reaction X adds Y status".

Wow... thank you guys a ton, given my level of expertise that's at least three hours of work right there. Updated the OP.

Vanya

Here's a request that is probably not easy.
Make one of the unused flags force a T shaped AoE for non-lame breath attacks.
Kinda like how Linear Attack and 3-Directions flags work.

Just thought of this one while researching Berserker & Berserker-like jobs in the FF series.
How about giving Brave an effect on damage calculation, like Xifanie's Fury Hack, but only active while a specified support skill is in use?

In conjunction with that, how about also giving Brave an inverse effect on Hit% while a specified support skill is in use?
This would be for an innate ability for a Riskbreaker job that mimics the way Risk works in Vagrant Story.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

pokeytax

BATTLE.BIN

Disables Potion slot
0x117798

Disables Hi-Potion slot
0x1177AC

Disables X-Potion slot
0x1177c8

pokeytax

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on January 07, 2011, 11:28:27 am
My only request is that you find the pointers for item attributes.  I can provide more details, like where item attributes start and end, if you want.

Okay, I'm poking around but I still don't understand what you want. When looking up an item:
- the game reads the item number (e.g. A8 for Thief Hat)
- the game uses that item number as the offset to look up the item data, specifically the item attribute
- the game uses the item attribute as the offset to look up the item attribute data

So I guess what you want is to know where the game goes when it finds out an item has Auto-Regen, for example?

RavenOfRazgriz

I like very much that you included the two hacks that disable the Potions separately.

I know you have a nice list of stuff to do as it is, but I have a simple one I'd like to add in if you don't mind - A Support Skill that boosts both a unit's Max HP and Max MP by 25%.  XX is obviously better, but I have a personal need for 25%.  Making it like Learning where I can attach it to something dumb like Monster Talk is fine, probably preferable to make it easier for people to use.  If it's easier I can give a bunch of Supports I have no need for that you could write it over one of, though, but the empty slots are already in use sadly.

Vanya

Quote from: pokeytax on January 15, 2011, 10:26:29 am

BATTLE.BIN

Disables Hi-Potion slot
0x1177AC

Disables X-Potion slot
0x1177c8

Can you also provide a disable code for the basic potion slot? That would make it more versatile. Thanks! ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

philsov

Request:

Give confusion (possibly other statii?) a CT duration.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

BeoulveBlack

January 21, 2011, 01:02:43 pm #68 Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:03:41 pm by BeoulveBlack
some of these are simple, others maybe not.

Requests:

1) is there a way to change moldball spore's formula (cant remember the number) to "...HIT: (MA+K)" to "...HIT: Fa(MA+K)"?

2) the same way that people hacked it so that the target's faith was left out of dmg calculation for spells, is it possible to change the way the target's faith is implemented? for example, with CFa=80 and TFa=60, instead of

> .80 * .60 * (MA*Y) -->  .48 * (MA*Y)

could we do something so that faith acts like magic attack/defense?

> (CFa - (TFa/3))/100 * (MA*Y)  -->  (80 - 20)/100 * (MA*Y)  -->  .60 * (MA*Y)

3. could i get a formula like this: " - Br/Fa (X), - PA/MA/SP (Y) " for a curse-type skill?

pokeytax

Quote from: BeoulveBlack on January 21, 2011, 01:02:43 pm
formulas

These all look doable in theory but I'm holding back on formulas until FDC finishes the yeoman's work he is doing there reorganizing. Honestly, I will probably try to write a formula editor if no one else does, every patch is going to want at least a few unique ones.

Quote from: philsov

Pretty tough, since there's no space for the CT counter! Although again, FDC was working on this at some point.

I have been banging my head on Distribute for a while but I give up for now, vexes me to do so but it's just too minor to spend a ton of time on.

philsov

understandable, I greatly appreciate the effort though.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

pokeytax

I'm working on an involved hack to let supports adjust stats (e.g. set HPM to 110 if HPM < 110; HPM * XX/YY; HP +/- C) but I need room in WORLD.BIN. I think. God, I don't even know. The code itself is at 0x5b968 in RAM and is called from both the world map and battle, so where would I put that? And where can I put my jumped code?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: pokeytax on January 15, 2011, 08:59:19 pm
Okay, I'm poking around but I still don't understand what you want. When looking up an item:
- the game reads the item number (e.g. A8 for Thief Hat)
- the game uses that item number as the offset to look up the item data, specifically the item attribute
- the game uses the item attribute as the offset to look up the item attribute data

So I guess what you want is to know where the game goes when it finds out an item has Auto-Regen, for example?

I just want you to investigate and document item attributes so someday we can make more of them.  Seventy-nine isn't enough.

I'm not in a hurry though - I can wait a year or two.  I have plenty of other stuff on my plate.

FFMaster

The main problem is that all the data is in SCUS and it's packed pretty tightly.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

The Damned

Pretty great hacks so far. I have to get on stuff like this.

Quote from: philsov on January 20, 2011, 12:25:46 pm
Request:

If you do this, giving Berserk a CT duration would seem like it's pretty high up there priority-wise too IMO.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

pokeytax

Quote from: FFMaster on January 24, 2011, 08:36:14 pm
The main problem is that all the data is in SCUS and it's packed pretty tightly.

That's what I was afraid of. The jump from 0x5b968 is no problem and is done in existing space, but it looks like I have to duplicate the sizable jump routine in both WORLD.BIN and BATTLE.BIN, then? That's a bother - I'm not sure how much space is left in WORLD.BIN.

Just finished the proof-of-concept so I'm just hammering out where it goes now.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: pokeytax on January 24, 2011, 08:50:13 pm
That's what I was afraid of. The jump from 0x5b968 is no problem and is done in existing space, but it looks like I have to duplicate the sizable jump routine in both WORLD.BIN and BATTLE.BIN, then? That's a bother - I'm not sure how much space is left in WORLD.BIN.

Just finished the proof-of-concept so I'm just hammering out where it goes now.

Or you could simply find where the game calculates the CTR reduction for status effects (like Poison) and merge opposite effects together (this works since opposite effects cancel each other and the resultant reset in CTR timers would not affect anything).  Xifanie and I talked about this a few months back; the safest effects to merge would be Regen/Poison and Innocent/Faith, though a merger of DS/Re-Raise (as long as DS cancels re-raise), and Slow/Haste (as long as both now only last for 24 CTR) would also be interesting.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

RavenOfRazgriz

As long as you release all of them as separate hacks and make the hacks for "this status uses the CT we just freed up" customizable enough, those all seem worth doing.

I can personally make use of 3 of those, more than likely.

pokeytax

Been short on time and working on the same monstrosity (I keep expanding the scope). Don't want to tease what I might not be able to deliver, so I'll keep it under wraps, but it checks off a few requests at once.

I'm currently fiddling with a jump from the first 0x64000 bytes. What file is this? "SCUS_942_21"?

I need a code that works in and out of battle - so I can just branch, then jump to either WORLD_BIN or BATTLE_BIN depending, right? There's no time I'm dealing with unit data and one of those isn't loaded?

How much of a constraint is the limited number of item attributes? Anyone else seriously hampered by this?