• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:05:17 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Valk's Projects: 2021 update (Trance) Terra, Fran, Main Vagrant Story cast +more

Started by Valkirst, May 23, 2014, 03:27:56 pm

Nyzer

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

Valkirst

lol thanks! So, I tried something a little different, it's a bit crude but it adds more movement. Which do you all think works better?

Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

3lric

I do like the one on the left better, but the one on the right also has its appeal. I see what you are going for there, it might just need some refining/polishing

Nyzer

I think I like the right one a bit more because it looks more in motion than the first one.

But what about something in between? A trail of sparks - smaller ones loosely following a larger one?

Valkirst

Completed Sprites

Nyzer

Of course not! You've been working this entire time on it...

Right?

But seriously, don't worry about it. Sometimes you just need to walk away for a bit. I know I got stonewalled on the Jot5 mining event for a while, but I'm back to hammering away at it here and there again.

Valkirst

lol yeah it's funny how easily distracted I get at times... ooof

However, here's another version... I could have her end up downward too, just wanted to try it this way.

Completed Sprites

Valkirst

Ok... back to it. :p

Lot's of work to do. There is yet another issue with the rear showing attack animations...
Edit: wanted to post this to brainstorm some ideas.
Edit-Edit: Just re-edited to remove everything, simplified it and made her angry and it kinda works way better! Kinda like what Nyzer proposed lol
Completed Sprites

CONMAN

Damn Valkirst, I assumed the front and back attacks would mirror as opposed to using different frames on that energy ball.  This sprite is still really awesome!

Valkirst

Thanks, I assumed the same thing too! lol ah well. At least I overestimated the length of those starter frames and it's not that bad without anything!
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

Yup I'm on the 7th version lol and still not done.

The bottom right needs work but it's 2:30 am...
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

'Finished' two versions of the portrait.
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

Bloop

edit: added hooded version
Completed Sprites

Neophyte Ronin

Midas and the golden touch over here!   :cool:

I know you have a human-side Terra and she looks pretty cool, while the Boss Trance Terra is starting to look horrifying.  That inspires my own mod.

While you don't do requests, take it as a compliment that I at least try.  How about either a Genjuu Trance Terra in Type 2 sprite format (so she can use equipment) or, barring that, a Tina with blonde hair, like the initial Amano renditions?

Post-Script: Terra's eyes, while sleepy even in Trance form, is yellow.  Like, a contrast to what was originally supposed to be violet or lavender glowing form, her eyes are almost golden in color, furthering the seeming loss of humanity as a result of her transformation.

3lric

Or we can not make requests, if he doesnt take them, and just let the man bounce around on the things he wants to work on. I rather enjoy random new sprite concepts he comes up with and watching them evolve. When something feels forced due to a request, its not as much fun to work on, and it shows in the finished product

Valkirst

Haahaa thanks Neo, while I don't do requests as Elric said I do take critiques and ideas ie: didn't think I was gonna go with Nyzer's slashing Idea but here she is slashing lol.

Thanks Elric, I really appreciate you're enjoying my machinations lol...

Having said that... I see you and Conman wanted that Rei sprite that was unfinished, so I did a thing. Well, a few things.

I wanna thank Twinees for all the advice on portraits so yeahhh...
Completed Sprites

3lric

Noice!

Rei was originally going to be one of the main characters of Jot5 but was ultimately replaced with either snake or Dante (i cant remember which). This is when i was still scripting the first events. So, long before anything was actually made. The replacment was done due to there not being a proper sprite for him. If you end up making/finishing one. Ill definitely find a place for it, even if its just for background material in an event.

Valkirst

I know I know been slacking on Terra but  I'm having fun with portraits!

Here are some reworks alongside a Frannken-Celes using Mobius' and Lijj's old stuff with a flair of my own.
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

Suikoden 3 Portraits

Hugo, Chris and Geddoe
Completed Sprites