• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:09:32 am

Force level 1.

Started by Riky, January 16, 2024, 12:55:12 am

Riky

Hi. Is there a way to keep characters at level 1? I wanted to have a bit of fun and unlock all the jobs to skip the grind but it makes the game too easy so I thought it might be more interesting to beat the game at first level, maybe that would balance things a bit? The only idea I had was using cheat engine to freeze exp, but I don't know if that would even work. Maybe someone else already did something like that?
I tried to search forums but failed. Sorry if there was an answer but I couldn't figure out how to put my question better.
Thanks! =)

Nyzer

There's an ASM hack out there somewhere that can be applied to restrict units to certain max levels until certain points in the story. Couldn't tell you what it's called, but it's probably in the XML files in the Patcher Suite.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RetroTypes

Couple different options included in the patcher suite's default xmls, yeah. Xif has one that is just a flat level cap, which would probably be the best option for this case. Just search her xml for "Maximum levelup". Glain also has one that sets limits per story chapter, called "Enforce Level Caps", if you wanna have some more control over it.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

Riky

Thanks! Gonna go looking for it. =)