• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 03:31:09 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Is anyone familiar with Star Wars/D&D Miniatures?

Started by KazeKasano, November 23, 2008, 10:36:25 pm

KazeKasano

November 23, 2008, 10:36:25 pm Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:01:08 am by KazeKasano
I'm working on a game that is based on the d20 Miniatures skirmish basics, and I was wondering if there was anyone else familiar with it.

I've been playing for several years, and eventually began to draw parallels between it and FFT. So, I've actually began to create the Final Fantasy Tactics Miniatures Skirmish Game, which involves alot of card stock miniatures, cards, and some d20s. I play it on D&D minis maps, as those fit the setting the best.

Would anyone be interested in learning more about it?

EDIT: To be released sometime in the near future-
 Final Fantasy Tactics Miniatures Skirmish Game
                 War of the Lions Starter Set
To include:
-Printable folding paper miniatures
-Printable stat cards
-Hopefully printable (it's large) map (Citadel of Igros Castle)
-Awesome rulebook
-Protect/Shell counter

note: Does not include dice, health/magic counters, or friends, game requires a 20-sided die.

And what minis are in this proposed starter?
- Ramza Beoulve, Cadet
-Wiegraf Folles, Corpse Brigade Commander
-Squire
-Chemist
-Knight
-White Mage (1)
-Black Mage (1)
-Archer

As of now, these miniatures have been mostly tested with my supersecret rules and buddies. Completion of this Starter Set is pending.[/u]
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.

DarthPaul

November 23, 2008, 11:32:24 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Yes please I have a level 2 rogue in D&D lol but they are fun type games.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

KazeKasano

November 24, 2008, 01:52:41 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Awesome. I've actually never played the D&D minis, but I'm a huge fan of the SW ones.
However, the D&D sets come with great maps!

I might be able to release a printable "starter set" later this week, if my busy schedule allows. Holidays always make school a real bother...
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.

DarthPaul

November 24, 2008, 10:10:54 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Cool cool I never actually had the minis but the maps where pretty cool.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

KazeKasano

November 24, 2008, 10:53:41 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Yeah. The miniatures can be rather great themselves.
I have a deepshadow elf somewhere around here, and it's one of the coolest pieces of plastic ever.

Lydyn

November 24, 2008, 02:38:17 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I've played D&D .... both tabletop and Neverwinter Nights. Ended up role-playing on NwN for about 5 years. Never did anything with these.. 'mini' games or whatever though.

KazeKasano

November 24, 2008, 02:54:28 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
The miniatures were originally created as a visual supplement to the tabletop games, with a small skirmish system included for quicker games without all the stat sheets and multiple dice.
Now, the skirmish games have become just as prominent a use as the actual RPGs.

An update on the starter set:
All that remains to really be finished is the rulebook, and then I can put it in a rar file and upload it!

Jacob31593

November 24, 2008, 03:56:14 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jacob31593
lol D&D

KazeKasano

November 24, 2008, 06:30:29 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
D&D lol