• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Zelda Fangame- The Usurper War part 1

Started by KazeKasano, November 17, 2008, 08:05:38 pm

KazeKasano

November 17, 2008, 08:05:38 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
The Usurper War is (going to be eventually) a series of 45 min- 1 hr Zelda games, all of which could be played seperately, but which share an interconnecting story.
Currently, it has a very stripped down system, with the only real statistic Link possesses is his health, represented by the usual heart system.

The basic premise of the game is that it occurs sometime after Twilight Princess, and the King of Hyrule has been possessed by a demon. When the new Deku Tree sends a young boy named Link out to save the world, Link ends up fighting and killing the King, leading the country of Hyrule to hate him for crimes he was forced to commit to save the world.
That's the overarching story, which will take you to dark ruins of the Zora people, high towers left behind by the Gerudo people, oceans and islands in a faraway land, and eventually back to Hyrule proper, to save the Princess who's heart you've won.

A small demo containing Hyrule Field, the Ancient Forest, and most of the Zora Ruins is attached below. It's an .exe, and should run on most PCs.
Also, it is contained in a .rar.

Let me know what you think!
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.

Vanya

November 17, 2008, 10:06:58 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Interesting! ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

KazeKasano

November 18, 2008, 01:12:05 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Thank you. Oh.. I forgot to add that I did not code most of the engines that went into this, I am merely quite handy at merging example engines and making them work together.
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.