• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:54:48 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

please add a nintendo tactics/a2 section!?

Started by itoikenza, September 13, 2010, 02:56:04 pm

itoikenza

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/654/ wonder if the free space can fit a new class? i'm thinking "dissidia" 1 male and 1 female (check my sig for sprites)...

http://www.clip-studio.com/quma/en/
Some hits you, So miss you, the center too, enter you, hits undone, have some fun, I know! misses come, render none, enter some... Always won!!... incomplete I know...

Archael

Quote from: "Zozma"uninformed?

yes, a comment like this doesn't say anything

Quotetheres really no need for it. ffta was never all that great anyway...

except "meh I don't feel like it cuz I didnt like it"

Quotei played the entire game, and with or without the laws it really wasn't very impressive. However, I probably would give it a second chance if the law's didnt exist and units could permanently die everywhere

it's not a particularly impressive game, with or without laws

but if you look at it's mechanics, it has as much or more potential (to become a good strategy game) than FFT right off the bat

Jon

Plus as from a spriter's point of view, this could be very fun to work on, and a hell of a lot easier. I like working on FFT sprites, but sometimes I feel like a project lasts forever and I get bored quickly of projects that aren't working for me, but FFTA sprites are so simple, it would be fun just to make "sprites on the fly". I could make a FFTA sprite in about 1 or 2 days with nice quality, ect. Plus what Voldemort said at the end does have a very nice point. The mechanics do have more potential than FFT. One thing I think that would need to be hacked are the spells, so we could have a charge time going as well, however.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Jon

Haha, who's on the pipe? I mean if its capable to hack FFT, I can imagine FFTA is also hackable. When ever I hear pipe dreams, I think of Mario Bros for some reason. Mama mia, I ah eata mushroom, wooo hoooo!

Kaijyuu

IMO FFT has far more potential than FFTA. Everything unique about FFTA I'd take out, with the exception of the missions (they're superior to FFT's propositions). Even with the missions though, I hated how the game advanced through them. I don't think they're a good system to build the game around.

Races? Hell no.
Laws? No.
No special jobs (unless they can't switch to anything else)? ...

Whatever special attacks and formulas FFTA has can be added to FFT with ASM. Granted that might be difficult, but less so than hacking an entire new game.
  • Modding version: PSX

Melancthon

It's the AI that kills FFTA for me.

Potential?  Oh yeah, the game has tons.

But only if you can get archers to ignore units with arrow guard.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

ffta707

Actually, my website (Most likely the tiny community Jon saw) is already importing custom MIDI Music files, hacking stats, and editing text. I am about to finish a new ffta job names editor, and I already released an older version which can edit all of the text in the rom (New job version has way more features, better workspace). Gotwald has been creating stat balances, and we are making a rebalanced patch. In fact, we could really use your help Voldemort if you want to join just PM me.

Zodiac, Don't worry about a ffta forum (Unless you want one, but I don't think you do).

EDIT:

We are trying to get rid of that problem (Archers shooting at arrow guard, along with others attacking reflex and strike back)

Jon

Can you give us a link to your site? I forgot where it was. This sounds like a very good start actually. I don't think its easy getting music in FFT and you can already get midis going? And you have a Job Names Editor almost complete. I must've missed something, a text editor?! Nice! Only one thing missing it seems for a beginner: Sprites! But that can wait...please post a link!

ffta707

http://hacktacticsadvance.tk/ (I believe I heard the name suggestion on this site somewhere)

Also, here is the link to our youtube channel, showing imported music files.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hacktacticsadvance

And yes, the job name editor has a few more codes, then it is done ;)

Jon

Haha, I'm definitely joining. I can't contribute at all - yet. If you figure out how, you will have a spriter on your team! I like the FFTA sprite style unlike most people on here. If you need help with coding, I doubt I can help, sorry. This site looks very promising. Zodiac, you should take a look at this at least! :mrgreen:

ffta707

Zaen

I've seen the site, and it definitely seems like you are making some progress.

But anyway, in regards to potential, I'd say both have about equal, just in different ways. FFT has Brave and faith, both of which have multiple uses. FFTA has Defense and races.

As much as I dislike the game... if you intend on putting all of that effort into it, go ahead.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Dome

Your site looks good, but it's small
Also, the lulz level is very low and you need a mascot
I'll join too
P.s: Subscribed to the YT channel too

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

ffta707

Thanks dome for the support. Maybe showing the site on here wasn't such a bad idea. Also, thanks for the sub!

Twinees

If you can get a sprite editor of sorts, im in ffta707. i have an urge to make it so they have milder colours and no outlines, plus i played it before i played fft.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

Sprite Editor please! Please make one! I beg ya! I could make literally about 1 full FFTA sprite in 1 or 2 days tops, the style is so simple and actually I love the cartoon like way it is. Please try making some kind of sprite thing like shishi if you can FFTA. This would make us spriters so happy! :D

Eternal

No! We need a FFTA Patcher first! I call dibs on FFTA Hardtype. :D

Also, we should be very thankful for FFTA and the others working on these tools. It's not an easy task.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

ffta707

Thanks ET, I appreciate it :)

BTW, Jon got some pretty nifty sprites done back on the site, they are great.

Jon

Thanks, I posted these a long time ago on my thread actually, but yeah, they are incomplete.