• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:57:27 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Lady Frimelda

Started by Zozma, May 26, 2010, 07:55:29 pm

Kagebunji

Only one frame? He showed mi version were 70% of sheet was completed. Well, it is good as it is.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zozma

yeah, i thought there was a more complete version but i guess we gotta take what we can right?
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

slivers7

I have no clout, but I'd still like to push for this project to be completed. 3 points I'm pretty sure on:

1) Frimelda's the most well-received character in FFTA2
2) Her battle sprite in FFTA2 really does her an injustice, although the portrait is ok
3) Everyone here wants a perfected Frimelda custom sprite!!

Discussing art styles is a nice pursuit, but, we're pretty much all visual-appeal idiots.
In the end, if it manages to get almost everyone saying "I like what I see!" it should be a worthy milestone.
Undeniably, if someone still doesn't like the portrait, then there would already be a nice base template that can be improved on!

Please, restore a healthy Frimelda spritesheet to us! :)
Boco -> ??

To put it crudely: I need just 1 more FFT dead girl to complete my "Dead-Men Walking" team! And, if anyone has any idea for changing Boco the Chocobo?

Zozma

After i finish a sprite project i just started lm sure ill get to frimelda... I'm pretty sure no one else will do it
--------------
and... Miluda? lol

Smash

It's just a matter of tweaking a few things up, on the sheet twinees posted.

Quote from: "slivers7"I have no clout, but I'd still like to push for this project to be completed. 3 points I'm pretty sure on:

1) Frimelda's the most well-received character in FFTA2
2) Her battle sprite in FFTA2 really does her an injustice, although the portrait is ok
3) Everyone here wants a perfected Frimelda custom sprite!!

Discussing art styles is a nice pursuit, but, we're pretty much all visual-appeal idiots.
In the end, if it manages to get almost everyone saying "I like what I see!" it should be a worthy milestone.
Undeniably, if someone still doesn't like the portrait, then there would already be a nice base template that can be improved on!

Please, restore a healthy Frimelda spritesheet to us! :)
Boco -> ??

To put it crudely: I need just 1 more FFT dead girl to complete my "Dead-Men Walking" team! And, if anyone has any idea for changing Boco the Chocobo?
WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL OF YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

Rules: Stfu about the Voldemort shit and stay away from Asmo

Zozma

Quote from: "twinees"
there u go guys. 1 frame... but the arms and legs need no modification, because it was based on female squire.
(im surprised i found this...)

so i take it that this is the furthest along? very well then, I'll be getting to that pretty soon, its long overdue

also, this agrias thing could make a good frimelda base...
I'm thinking recolor the front of her body here and paste it onto twinees spritework here?
unless i know all the parts that made up this agrias in the first place (minus the cape) I honestly don't think agrias needs a remade sprite as she looks great as she is.

Jon

Is Frimelda the Marche/Ramza of FFTA 2? I never played it so I have no idea. I saw the pic though, I think the Agrais base looks more suitable for the body, thats just my view though, like I said I don't know Frimelda. Besides that, you could make a cool female knight out of that Agrias, Zozma, if it doesn't end up as Frimelda. The post by Twinees is hard to get a picture of- there is only 1 frame finished but I think I see how this will go. Keep up the good work!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zozma

If someone can tell me what sprite the arms and legs came from to make up this agrias concept it would be great...

btw Frimelda is kinda bonus character from FFTA 2, shes like a character you get after doing a series of sidequests and she actually starts as a zombie till you undo that

Edit:W-wait these look like Zalbag's arms, but where did the boots come from?

Jon

The arms are either Ch. 4 Ramza (I seriously think its those), it could be Zalbag, or the Shrine Knights. At first glance, I thought it was a Dragoons arm or the male Squire, but I'm pretty sure now its not those. Sorry for not being 100% helpful...

Zozma

the dragoon arms are very large, Ill look at ch4 ramza, but if not this looks very much like zalbags

edit: i took a look, i really think its zalbags

mav

I checked and the arms are definitely Zalbag's. Absolutely no doubt on that one. The boots may be a modification of the female Squire's. It's tough to tell though.

Zozma

hey, you're right! they are!, it looks like it was a simple arm/head swap here + a cape

looks like i have all the tools i need...

Jon

Ch. 4 Ramza's and Zalbag's arms are nearly identical...the cape looks a bit messed up btw, I noticed a black pixel right below the hand meaning that the cape will be ripped in game. I think the recoloring is going to be a pain, good luck with it though!

Zozma

im starting from scratch. base will be female squire. zalbag (OR female squire arms based on frimeldas art). the boots are fine but ill do the hair myself and use smash's beautiful edit of the jap frimelda portrait. which, might i add is only using 14 colors! ( love your work smash!)

Zozma

okay, this is my version... what do you say?

based on her character art, her armor is a bronze/gold, i think making it totally brown is too extreme, however this image is already 16 colors unlike the sample full sheet which actually uses 17 and still the armor looks brown more like leather than armor. what do you think?

SilvasRuin

I'm pretty sure I like it.  The strand of hair at the front is hard to tell at first what it is supposed to be, but I don't know if that can be helped.  I would very much like to see it with more metallic looking armor.

Zozma

metallic is hard with frimelda in particular because her armor is pretty much 'tarnished' so i think im more 'accurate' in that aspect. anything else? the hair is my main aspect. i know i need to correct the bang overlap, but besides that? anyone hot crits? asmo? i need u lol

Miroshi Beshima

This Frimelda looks a lot better than the one on the sprite sheet. A lot more vibrant and noticeable and the hair looks a helluva lot better. I think ur doing a pretty kick ass job with the sprite Zozma!

Zozma

yes yes, her hair is exaggerated a bit in the sprite, i couldnt help myself... is it ok?
i might be straying slightly from her original design, but still...

GeneralStrife

Why are you so good with hair zozma