• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 07:44:17 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Lady Frimelda

Started by Zozma, May 26, 2010, 07:55:29 pm

mav

Front view looks a little strange. Her left side looks floofy. And to be perfectly honest, I prefer R999's arms and legs to these new ones.

Kagebunji

I don't like R's color, but i don't like Zozma's either, I suppose some mix between those two? And I love the hair.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zozma

the front view or the diagonal? the front view really isn't that important right now as its only one frame an can and will easily be changed later but the rest? the directional frames that you'll always see are most important as it will be copied to all of the walking frames etc.

also, r999's arms and legs are pretty much the same as mine other than color change. i can work on that, but i definitely want the armor to stand out as being a different color than the brown hair. I will probably attempt to go for a more tarnished/metallic look on the armor but try to avoid blending it into the hair. I do think its slightly too "gold" right now

I could use some assistance making the back diagonal and back frames look right tho...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Jon

Alright, like I said I don't really know Frimelda, but I saw the pic, so I have an idea. Whats the big deal if you use a different armor color? It won't be 100% accurate, but neither is the vanilla Cloud for example. And Marche isn't identical to Ramza or something. I would use the gold armor color from the shrine knights,  just to get that nice metallic shine. I really like the greens you are using Zozma, and the hair really looks wonderful. Maybe in the movement that one strand (the one that hangs on her neck) could move, so people could tell right away that its hair. Nice work, really it looks great so far. Too bad I don't know Lady Frimelda at all, I am guessing she is the Agrias, after dezombification?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zozma

okay, here is a sample of what shed look like with shrine knight gold armor, notice that as a result her hair, which shares some of the armor colors has nearly turned gold as well which is definitely not frimelda's haircolor... I'm sure if i play with it enough i can make a nice bronze metallic look with the color space i have available

and i guess she is kinda like Agrias after being de-zombied but unfortunately its merely that she starts as a "paladin" which is a generic hume job anyway. so unfortunately, after you do all the quests just to get her, shes just another hume if im correct anyway.

mav

Quote from: "Zozma"the front view or the diagonal?
Front view. It's no big deal though. I don't think anyone ever sees the front views anyways.

I understand why you want to change the arm color now. The only issue is that it's a little too orange right now, but it matches the art pretty well. The boots, however, should be the same shades as the hair, in my opinion. Looks good so far.

Zozma

Quote from: "mav"The boots, however, should be the same shades as the hair, in my opinion. Looks good so far.

thanks for reminding me of that, i agree with you and have that in my plans. only problem is there seems to be a wrench in that plan as she seems to use all of the hair colors in the boots already :(

but perhaps if i did it this way?

Vanya

Ummm... Looking at the art work, she seems to be wearing brown leather boots with a white trim.
So the one on the left is much more like what she is intended to look like. However they still seem a bit too light to me.
Also, there shouldn't be any skin showing on the legs as she is wearing black pants.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

i can take care of the skin showing on the legs easy enough, but keep in mind that if i try to add TOO much detail to this its gonna look like crap. Theres actually not much more i can do about the boot color with the given color palette and changing that would take away from the arms and hair's look. Keep in mind that despite the lack of those particular details, this sprite will do her much more justice as is than the one that was made for FFTA2 in the first place.

mav

You have quite a few gray shades on the boots and the sprite as a whole, why not lighten each of the shades on the boots to the next lightest shade? The lightest gray becomes white, the next one becomes lighter, and so on and so forth.

Zozma

I attempted that, and it really seems TOO bright, i started it gray because when its white it makes that part of the boots look huge, which is a little funny looking. Btw i have constantly updated the sheet i have posted above, anyone is welcome to play with it if theyd like (this is kinda a community effort from the beginning)

Edit: crap ive hit a dry spell again, I think im takin a break, perhaps someone wants to continue since there's not much left.. i just feel the need for a small break again lol

Jon

Aww, c'mon, don't quit, it was starting to look really good. If you have problems with the colors, let GraphicsGale reduce the amount. I do this sometimes and the sprites never get messed up at all, in fact they look the same somehow to my eyes but then I have room for 2 or 3 extra colors. I would pick this up, but LoZ Link is still under construction and takes up all my attention. Good luck if you do consider continuing it!

Kagebunji

Only the colors are off? I vote for the one on left:
download/file.php?id=6765

slivers7

BTW, for comparision purposes, I assume everyone here is aware that FFTA2 has its own Frimelda sprite? You might want to ponder on the colours they used, though they might or might not disagree with you.

Just by putting them side by side, I suppose you can tell the improvement that has been made here already.  :P

Zozma

Im quite aware of that sprite and it doesn't do her much justice. thats why despite the crits, its a vast improvement over that FFTA2 spite anyday

SilvasRuin

Additionally FFTA2 uses an overall brighter look for the game than FFT, so that palette just wouldn't look right.

Zozma

Come on motivation! come on! .... *starts lifting weights instead*

Jon

*Throws a rock and a remedy at Zozma*

Zozma

but to no avail, it misses

slivers7

Zozma, how about your current avatar's hair's brown colour?

BTW, I've often thought that the brown colour from the boots looks like a good pairing with a plant-like green from the collar-area (not quite what they used in the original style), likely due to the "Lady of Thorns" (thorny vines? not sure if I'm using the right words) feel from the official wallpaper, where she projects the image that "I am more than capable of taking care of myself, thank you.", at least to me.