• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

We need MOAR Monsters

Started by CONMAN, May 29, 2011, 08:33:15 pm

Jon

There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

CONMAN

March 09, 2012, 10:53:20 pm #141 Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:37:19 pm by CONMAN
QuoteLol do Wolverine XD
That could be pretty cool- especially with claw weapons allready done :mrgreen:

I've done a little more work on that guy.  I haven't made a lot of normal sprite work just yet on this sheet: however, I have swapped out the legs and arms from the standard walking poses.  Mags is now set for permanent floating/fly travel around the map- without the silly looking arm and leg kicking.  I used the fourth pairs of legs and arms as the base for all the pairs and adjusted the arms to look better on different levels of cape flap.  I tried to make a gif to show how it looks, but didn't have the option/couldn't figure out how to save one in graphics gale.

This sheet could be plugged into the 'ol shishi and get a look at it.  :?
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

haha this is too cool CONMAN, I hope you finish it :P

Lijj

Hell yeah Conman, this looks clean. I will not put it in shishi's, yet. I can tell just by looking at it magnified that it's good; I will later when you get to the trickier frames (because this would be great as a special enemy sprite of some type)[and I care].

Choto

March 10, 2012, 03:10:01 pm #144 Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:58:58 pm by Choto
I just HAD to try this... all the while singing the x-men theme in my head ^_^

3lric

hahahahah Win. If there eventually becomes enough sprites for it I will totally make a X-men mod!

EDIT:  :wark: :wark:

CONMAN

I am wondering what your mean by: 
QuoteI will later when you get to the trickier frames
.  Do you mean the angles of the body on the attack frames?  That's the first thing that comes to my mind.  I mean if you are in a permanent float/fly it might look silly for someone to attack by stepping forward with one foot in mid-air...

I suppose that might look better presented with the whole body leaning forward instead... (if that is unreadable- i have been drinking..lol) 

Lijj

Choto: That's pretty good original spriting. :D

Yeah I just meant the frames with more drawing invloved.. The fight frames could be simplified I guess, kind of like the way mentalists were; that makes finishing easier too heheh..
I didn't really think about the fighting frames looking odd til now.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Pride

Damn Choto, you should do some sprites <3

Gogogo X-Men
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

CONMAN

Some minor work completed.... Need to work on attack frames and heads, etc.  (BTW i am always a little annoyed copy pasting for the sake of water immersed frames... if the programing allowed square to combine images here and there, couldn't they program it to only diplay waist up walking/attacking...)

THe frames that have made me most scratch my head at the moment: Singing, injured and dead.  I don't care for singing/bard-iness (and it's two more heads.. :().  I am thinking about tweeking it.  Perhaps to display power? (see below)

Injured would look odd while floating (there is actually a little more space left over they don't use).  This kind of makes me want to combine defending upper body pose with both knees curled up towards the body ala my esperella sprite.

Dead poses make a cape look like it's laying on the ground... not sure about what to do there yet...

Jon

Its pretty good but don't have him opening his mouth like he's "chanting" a spell, Magneto bends metal to his will, no talking necessary. Keep it up!

CONMAN

Okay... getting close(r).   Changed the critical/singing poses.  Tagged a helm onto the dead (same feet...)  Added torso/legs to attack frames.  Haven't touched/copy+pasted the in water frames.  Will need to simply remove one of the partial faces on this sheet (the one that attaches to the front critical frame).

Tempted to leave the dead frames the same- atleast for now.  Need to start looking at portraits- praise Altima for the nifty portrait referance sticky!

edit:Ugh- need to clean up the back crit pose.

Jon

For the portrait I doubt the face will be too hard to make, you have a dozen + oldish guys in FFT that you could use, most of them have beards however, so it could be tricky. For the helmet I'd think maybe Gafgarion's helmet would be a decent base? Maybe the Onion Knight minus the plume and such? Good luck with this! :D

CONMAN

I started a half-assed portrait using Lijj's Crusader port.  It's not shaded and it needs a new body, but i think it's a reasonable start.

It needs a different face to go with that helm- needs some white eyebrows....

Jon

Maybe someone like Funeral would be a good base for the face / eyebrows? Maybe they're too bushy XD

CONMAN

March 27, 2012, 02:01:11 pm #156 Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:25:36 pm by CONMAN
With much help from the old lady- a little portrait advancement:

Still looks young-ish, but then so does the sprite. ::Shrug::

Jon

The sprite looks pretty good. Its finished, isn't it? Just the portrait left...

CONMAN

:wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark:

I wasn't..... :wark:   I just finished the "in water copy/paste job".  It was really for completion sake.

CONMAN

I've been messing around on couple things trying to find something new to do.  One- should be hopefully unveiled soon  ;).  Another I am just stumped on what to do with.... This wasn't really my idea- I saw a guy (Myith) on Deviant art had made a single frame I thought looked pretty cool.

I looked closer and realized he had layered a summoner cape and calc collar onto a mediator.  I felt it looked like a cool idea.  Sadly I haven't been able to come up with a suitable head/ or hat or whatever.  If some had a good idea for a hat or just wanted to take it for something they had in mind- go ahead.  Not the best colors, but I had to pick something just to put it together. 

Not an original idea, or any custom work, but I still thought it had potential..