• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 08:20:04 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Disabling Class/Job select on custom characters

Started by DJRehab, May 12, 2009, 11:39:57 am

DJRehab

May 12, 2009, 11:39:57 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by DJRehab
I want to implement about 5 custom characters as a field test, but I want them to have a custom class which they cannot change.

I understand the angel/demon twins (forget there names lol) each have their own custom class but that would only be two.

Any ideas on how to do it?

philsov

May 12, 2009, 11:54:47 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
it's doable -- kinda.

As it currently stands, special classes replace the squire class and come with the chemist unlocked.  You'd have to sever the ability for squire to unlock any other jobs, and make chemist have a job pre-req as well.  This in practice makes the soldier office absolutely worthless, but you can make your own generic squad worth a damn by editing ENTD event... 188... I think, and force them out of chemist/squire and into something like knight/chemist and jump-start the job tree from there.

Actually, that'd just allow the customs to gain access to knight/chemist right off the bat, too.

Hm.

You could make specials able to change job classes after gaining 9999 jp?  Do the same thing as above, with squire being a pre-req for all other classes, and your starter generics coming with 9999 squire JP to unlock the rest of the starter tree.  Just redefine job level 8 to 9999 and then set the knight/archer/chemist to need level 8 squire.  

Or, you can just make the initial ENTD folk specials as well, and give the finger to all generic classes entirely, at least for player access.  This would open up space for special classes, and make all generics enemy-only classes which really opens up the door of possibility.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

DJRehab

May 12, 2009, 12:13:53 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by DJRehab
will give it a try...I want to disable the soldier office entirely anyway :-)

Zozma

May 12, 2009, 04:43:13 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i didnt read the second post but i know a way.

If you're wanting the character to appear correctly in the menu as well then it will require you to use 2 jobs (duplicating their descriptions and job names, assigned skillset etc...)

First chose a job that has a menu sprite/portrait, and set it up exactly how you want it.

Then copy/paste that into a job found after the monsters, (there are a few called "none" (you can also simply use those "undead" jobs like undead oracle or archer etc (that's what i did. what a waste anyway you can consolidate the undeads into one job and change their stats with equips anyway)

so after you've duped the stats of your character with the menu sprite into the one that cant change as well (like the undeads i was talking about)
set the character up in ENTD like this:

Sprite: (the sprite ID of the character who appears correctly in the menu)
Job: (job id of the sealed job)

Everything will appear correctly as long as you have made the descriptions/names etc and assigned skillsets identical.

[an important note about sealed jobs, they act like monster when it comes to skills, it will "Auto-Learn" so make sure you set in entd the special skillset as well instead of "job's" to avoid bugginess. You WILL NOT be able to learn things by gaining jp, that is sealed too.]
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!