• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:22:28 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Tempo and status effects

Started by Myrmidon, September 03, 2013, 10:53:19 pm

Myrmidon

I saw a list a while back on here about status effects, and how they affect the tempo of combat.

Things like "Death Sentence" and "Haste" being inherently "better" than, say, "Blind" or "Slow", and affecting time taken to resolve battles, etc.

I can't find it anywhere, but does anyone know what this list is offhand?  I recall it separating things into 3 tiers of effectiveness, and that's about it.  I want my patch to basically have lesser statuses easier to access, and to balance out greater statuses.

ex: Stasis Sword is good because of the status, but bad because of range.  I want to nerf the status to a "lesser" one, and increase range - basically, rebalancing all Agrias' abilities with each other.  Basically, giving lesser statuses to damaging attacks, and saving better statuses for non-damaging things.

formerdeathcorps

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9929.0

You mean this?  I was merely giving examples based on my experience, rather than giving a complete list.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Myrmidon

possibly?  I know I read that over before asking, but I was sure it was a more conclusive list...

RavenOfRazgriz

There's no such thing as a conclusive list because it's relative to the volume and kinds of changes being made to the game.  ie in Vanilla, Regen and Poison are probably the worst buff and worst debuff in the game, but in Journey of the Five, they're both top-tier.