• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:05:34 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Weapon questions

Started by Myrmidon, June 25, 2013, 12:13:51 am

Myrmidon

ok, did a quick search, and didn't find anything - just ASM hacking.

can I change the weapon formulas from DMG_(weapon) safely?

I want to do things like setting Staves to go off MA, and switching Daggers to the Throw formula and such, but I'm worrying about buggering things up.  Will I?

also, is there a way to remove the randomness from Axes and Flails?  I hate that, and it's about the only reason I don't use them...

also also - I know I can't replace a Sheild with a Mantle (coding for position, etc.) but replacing a weapon with a weapon is fine, right?  I can remove Harps (fsck harps) with books, and such?  If so, does this extent to Shurikens/Balls, since they're weapons too?

...this is all without ASM hacking, BTW - I don't wanna jump in headfirst, get in over my head, and lose interest.

...I wish FFT Patcher didn't have so many blank spaces...it'd make this all SO much easier.  even if it came with a readme and a GOTO for extensive details, it'd be easier...

FFMaster

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7271.0

- Weapon Formula ASM: This allows you to, using drop down windows, change the formula of any weapon type to any existing Weapon Formula in FFT.  It also fixes various "Gun Glitches" and other related things.  This does not allow you to change the formula of a weapon type to one that does not already exist - you'll need to go in and edit the hack yourself for that.  See here for details.  However, it does include four new Formula - PA*(Brave/100)*Naked_PA, STAT1*STAT2, STAT1*CONST, and STAT1*STAT2/CONST*STAT3. It also modifies the rather bad original Vanilla Random Damage Formula to (PA/2...PA*3/2)*WP.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Myrmidon

that's ASM stuff, which is a little ambitious for me right now.  I'm reworking everything right now in FFTPatcher...

FFMaster

Those spreadsheets are extremely easy to use. If you can copy/paste, you can use them. The ASM is already done for you.

Here is a step by step tutorial:

1) Download and open Item Workbook Compilation
2) Click FDC's weapon formula ASM tab, Use the drop down menus to edit your formula. For example, if you want to change axes to PA*WP, click the white box next to the word Axe, then click the button that appears and finally click PA*WP
3) Click XML tab. Press Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C. Open a new notepad file. Press Ctrl+V. Save it as an xml. Move the xml to the same folder as FFTorgASM.
4) Open FFTorgASM. Tick Weapon formula edits and patch your ISO. Remember to backup before doing so, just in case.
5) Test it. Remember to always test =)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢