• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:02:08 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

berserker!

Started by Myrmidon, June 22, 2013, 10:11:04 am

Myrmidon

ok, I'm looking to change either Regenerator or Eq Axe into a self-inflicting Berserk status...is there an easy way to do this using FFTPatcher?

The Damned

(Berserker...Barrage X!)

No, as a matter of fact, it there isn't.

With regards to FFTPatcher and this, the closest you could "easily" do would be either to make a Job that had Always: Berserk checked off, in which case that class would be like FFV's Berserker and be able to do nothing but attack. Ever.

Another easy solution would be just to make an item, say an Axe or an Accessory, that had Always: Berserk as its Item Attribute, which would be far more flexible though less "authentic."

With regards to actually changing any of the RSM spots, you need to able to do at least a little of ASM coding for every one of them unfortunately if I'm remembering correctly right now. Of the two, changing Regenerator would be easier because I think Regenerator's location information code-wise is in the FFH wiki and has been for at least a couple of years.

As for "self-inflicting", you'll have to be more precise with what you mean. Do you mean to make a Reaction that inflicts Berserk with when hit by any direct hit? Do you mean a Reaction that would only trigger on Critical like Critical Quick(en) or FFT:A's Last Berserk? Or do you mean a Support that would just make the unit have Always: Berserk?

Regardless, you'd probably have to buff the Berserk status at least a bit (again through ASM) considering it kinda...sucks as a supportive/buffing status, really, and the A.I. will only use it negatively presently despite the fact that it's supposed to be "neutral". Additionally, you'd also have to probably overcome the "glitch" that allows an Always: Berserk unit to freely control its actions on its first turn before it succumbs to the standard Berserk "Attack attack attack!" routines. The latter issue is more of an afterthought really, but the former issue is actually rather important considering the Berserk A.I. is extremely inept currently, especially with ranged weapons.

TL;DR: No.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Myrmidon

on one hand, crap.  I wanted an ability that made you go berserk when hit...and regenerator sucks, IMHO, so it seemed like a good choice to replace...namely because Lancer's boring and unreliable, and I can't tinker with the skillset at all...

...on the other hand, I completely forgot about innate: Berserk, which is just as good, thank you.  I'll likely "balance" it with innate Atk+&Def+

Celdia

I saw this one and thought to myself, "While there's no easy way to do that with FFTP there is still a really easy way to make Regenerator into Berserker"...and then I spent about half an hour trying search the forum for the information on how to do it. @_@ A small XML file for your FFTorgASM would make the change into a simple 2-click process. The basis for it can be found here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6505.msg135710#msg135710

Your status bit [XX] goes from 40 [Regen] to 08 [Berserk] and your status bit offset [YY] would change from 1E to 1D [so it references the table before the default one and actually finds Berserk using 08]. If you don't change the status bit offset as well your reaction ability will give the user Haste instead. Assuming pokeytax's ASMs aren't included with whatever version of the patcher suite you've got, it's downloadable in the first post of that thread.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0