• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:42:01 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

I'm having trouble editing job texts and skill names, etc. I need help!

Started by Reaper, October 24, 2020, 10:44:25 pm

Reaper

If someone is kind enough to help me with this problem I would really appreciate it!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

EnderC

"I'm having trouble" isn't going to be specific enough for anybody to realistically help in a single reply.

Please give more detail so that someone can actually give you a specific answer.

What have you tried, what are you trying, and what is the trouble?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: EnderC

Squaresoft

Quote from: Reaper on October 24, 2020, 10:44:25 pmIf someone is kind enough to help me with this problem I would really appreciate it!
May be REALLY late but since your post is still on top of the list and a reply may still help new members, I'll give you a few tips I learned experimenting:

1) Open FFTactext.
2) Open a .ffttext file or Import one from an ISO.
3) Select your desired tab and EDIT.
4) You will be able to preview the Width, try not to higher than 220 (I always keep around 210+/- max.)
If you do, you won't be able to see it correctly in game.

5) When it comes to format, you must code said format:

White magic restores small amounts of health.{Newline}
{Color 08}Range{Color 00}:4  {Color 08}Effect{Color 00}:2·Vertical 1  {Color 08}MP{Color 00}:6  {Color 08}SP{Color 00}:34  ☇{Newline}
{Color 08}Formula{Color 00}:MA*20  {Color 08}Elemental{Color 00}:Holy

•Use "{Newline}" to jump to the next line.
 •Don't finish your 4th line with "{Newline}" because it will create an empty 5th line.
 •Start and finish colored text with "{Color 08}COLORED TEXT{Color 00}",
The first ""{Color 08}" will set following text red-colored. The second "{Color 00}" will set following text to black, returning it to normal.
Don't know how many colors you can experiment with changing said 08, always kept it at 08 to be vanilla.
 •There is special characters you may like to use.
Reflectable: "☇", "·", "%", "*" and more. Find them all under HELP, ALLOWED CHARACTERS.
 •If you include a formula/power/CT in your Job/Skill/Item "description", that is not dynamic, you must always update the text description, what IS dynamic are in-game tables showing MP Cost/CT while choosing a skill to cast and others.

6) Patch your .ISO and test. FFTactext won't let you patch an ISO in use, unlike FFTPatcher.
  • Modding version: PSX