• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:00:25 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

OLD - Journey of the 5 Demo

Started by 3lric, August 10, 2012, 09:41:05 pm

Biukin

Wow I Didnt Know Anyone Else Did This Until I Got On This Site Hey I Played it Through Liked It A Lot was Kinda Doing The Same Thing But With Ashely Riot, Tidus, Ramza, Link, and Dante But I Like This A Lot Better I Scrapped My Stuff And This IS One Of My Favorite Things To Do Thank You And Keep Up The Good Work

feeldawrath

Quote from: Heat066 on August 16, 2012, 03:13:52 pm
This is really amazing and original, except for one thing I do agree with Dome that Ramza's portrait should be changed, because in comparison with Delita he looks like he's on his 40-50, just a suggestion, even so amazing work.

I think about it like this: if you had to spend the prime of your life fighting devils, thwarting government conspiracies, and hiding from your childhood friend who is now a king and using everyone at his disposal to find you. The stress would probably have you aging quickly as well  ;)
"Your actions have meaning only if they hold true to your ideals."
-Ramza Beoulve

nextgenrpg

Could be a bit late but....

Let me know if these are built in mechanically
1. During the second battle, Snake went transparent, and then wasn't able to move. I think it said something like "There's nowhere to move" even though there was.

This same error also happened to Alma in the final battle after casting wish.

2. In the final battle, when the enemy was on the table in the middle, and I attacked from below (and visa versa), I randomly got 0% hit rates. This was the case for melee and ranged attacks. After the enemy hit me a few times in this same format, I attempted to hit with a 0% hit rate, and I missed.

3lric

thank you Nextgen, all of these have been fixed and are no longer an issue at all :P

The demo is really only ~ 10% of chapter 1, so there is MUCH more to come!
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

Hope it comes soon :D
I really cant wait for ch1
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

GeneralStrife

Just played the demo. Excellent quality. Excellent. Really made me want more. Keep it up.

nextgenrpg

Quote from: Elric on January 02, 2013, 05:24:35 pm
thank you Nextgen, all of these have been fixed and are no longer an issue at all :P
NP, was my pleasure. Wish I could have helped sooner (sounds like you already had those bugs fixed). Just picked up some recording software so I hope to post up my play-through of ch.1

Kagekiri

Made an account simply to comment here. I've just finished the first fight and I've decided this is the most fun I've had on Tactics since my first play through! Keep up the excellent work, I think I'll be sticking around =)

Jumza

Have you guys decided on a release date for ch.1 yet? I'm really excited for this patch!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

RavenOfRazgriz

It's hitting unexpected hiccups but its still making forward progress.

The first chapter is always the hardest to release because it requires the most debugging.  Please be patient, because once we get past these bits it should be fairly smooth sailing for the remaining Chapters of the game.

3lric

Kagekiri, thank you very much, this was the entire goal of the project and if people are having fun then we have achieved that.

Jumza, Original we wanted to release on X-mas, but as Raven said we hit a few snags, mostly just ASM's and how they get along with one another. But keep looking forward, Ch1 will be out shortly.

Apocryphist

First: though I have yet to play this myself, the videos make it look incredible. This is some amazing stuff, guys, I've never seen a mod on this scale with any sort of plausibility.
Second: The problem isn't Ramza having a beard, it's that the beard is ugly. It's like a palette swap of Duke Larg or Abraham Lincoln. I'm a half decent spriter, so I'll whip up something that gives Ramza a beard more like his late father, and you can choose if you want to use it.

3lric

March 20, 2013, 08:08:39 pm #72 Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:15:02 pm by Elric
Quote from: Apocryphist on March 20, 2013, 08:03:53 pm
First: though I have yet to play this myself, the videos make it look incredible. This is some amazing stuff, guys, I've never seen a mod on this scale with any sort of plausibility.

This was exactly my intention, and it means alot to hear someone say that, thank you. When people play I don't want them to feel like it's a "Mod". Because with everything that has changed. It's not a Mod. It's a new game using FFT's engine.

Quote from: Apocryphist on March 20, 2013, 08:03:53 pm
Second: The problem isn't Ramza having a beard, it's that the beard is ugly. It's like a palette swap of Duke Larg or Abraham Lincoln. I'm a half decent spriter, so I'll whip up something that gives Ramza a beard more like his late father, and you can choose if you want to use it.

We have the best (and honestly most of) the spriters on FFH (Jot5 is a 18 person Team) Ramza's beard isn't suppose to look great, this is intentional as well. :P Trust me.

Apocryphist

Alas, it looks like this is not goatee'd Ramza's day. Still, it's good to hear that Ramza isn't going to model himself after that OTHER guy who ended a civil war.
(Ramza + Zalbaag's beard and jawline is attached, if anyone finds it useful. Who knows, maybe after he shaves...?)

3lric

Haha, I still like this, and I'm sure I can find a use for it in one of my other projects. One of them will begin work shortly
after Jot5 chapter 1 comes out.

Argy

Hello
Just to let you know, i have tried the DEMO using epsxe for android on my Galaxy Note and its working great. Heres hoping that the official release will also work as well. Might have to see if CCP works as well. As ever keep up the great work guys!!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Celdia

Quote from: Argy on March 24, 2013, 10:16:41 am
Hello
Just to let you know, i have tried the DEMO using epsxe for android on my Galaxy Note and its working great. Heres hoping that the official release will also work as well. Might have to see if CCP works as well. As ever keep up the great work guys!!

If you can get CCP working on any kind of handheld device, please post how over in my section. That would be a small miracle that I know more than a few people would be interested in hearing about. [endthreadhijack]
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

3lric

March 24, 2013, 04:01:27 pm #78 Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 04:12:45 pm by Elric
Threadjacking my own thread!

Celdia, do you have a full ASM list? You might just have a load delay issue, it's either that or conflicting ASM space.
But from what I understand it's more likely the former if all your ASM's are working properly.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Elric on March 24, 2013, 04:01:27 pm
Threadjacking my own thread!

Celdia, do you have a full ASM list? You might just have a load delay issue, it's either that or conflicting ASM space.
But from what I understand it's more likely the former if all your ASM's are working properly.

Celdia uses ALMA.