• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2024, 07:29:44 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Custom jobs and save files in WotL

Started by bane, November 03, 2010, 12:38:21 pm

bane

Quote from: "Exaltys"I assumed since you're using a PSP that you have CFW.

:/

Anyway, there is a program called UMDGen. But I can't seem to change the GAMEID with that.
What's "CFW"?

Exaltys

Custom firmware.

What other way would you use a patched .iso on a PSP?

bane

Quote from: "Exaltys"Custom firmware.

What other way would you use a patched .iso on a PSP?
Ahh, yes, I have custom firmware on my PSP.  I don't exactly remember what version...but I do remember that it took a little while to patch it up.

ffta707

Quote from: "bane"The ISO file was not set to read-only when TacText returned that error :-/

I'm able to load up the sprites from the ISO in ShiShi, and I see that there's an option to import a SPR/BMP, so I'd think that that would do it...I'll give it a try.  Worst case scenario, I hose a copy of an iso!
Edit: Just tried importing an SPR that I downloaded from this site (Ramza HK), and got an error message about the maximum size: "Sprite is 65536, max size is 45056".  Hmph...

Also, always patch with tactext before patching in patcher. If you don't, it will fail to patch in tactext every time.

bane

Quote from: "ffta707"
Quote from: "bane"The ISO file was not set to read-only when TacText returned that error :-/

I'm able to load up the sprites from the ISO in ShiShi, and I see that there's an option to import a SPR/BMP, so I'd think that that would do it...I'll give it a try.  Worst case scenario, I hose a copy of an iso!
Edit: Just tried importing an SPR that I downloaded from this site (Ramza HK), and got an error message about the maximum size: "Sprite is 65536, max size is 45056".  Hmph...

Also, always patch with tactext before patching in patcher. If you don't, it will fail to patch in tactext every time.
I can't patch with tactext...it fails to patch even on a clean ISO :-/

ffta707

Quote from: "bane"
Quote from: "ffta707"

I can't patch with tactext...it fails to patch even on a clean ISO :-/

In that case, I'm sorry to say that I cannot help you here.

1 Solution:

Make a PSX ISO for the original, and patch it with FFT: Complete. It's the same thing, except for the loss of Dark Knight/ Onion Knight, and cut scenes.

claris

Quote from: bane on November 08, 2010, 02:00:54 pm
ffta707/thisisstupid999:
Thanks for the help/offer of help so far.  It's been a busy few days for me so I was unable to really check in on this sooner.

I've tried using FFTacText to patch the default tactics iso that I have, but even if I make 0 changes I get the following error when I issue the patch command:
"DTE for BOOT.BIN 5 failed.  The ISO has NOT been modified."

your problem is same as me, use 453 FFTacText it works :D