• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:40:22 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New Characters

Started by einlanzer0, March 28, 2020, 08:30:08 am

einlanzer0

I dug around and found a few threads discussing this, but had a hard time coming away with a specific/concrete list of characters that could be edited into complete characters.

I know there is currently no tool to reassign sprite formations, but if anyone has the hex offsets for where that is stored for characters like Delita or Zaalbag that would be great.

Otherwise, I'm just hoping to get a concise list of what job/sprite is connected to each of the unused formation sprites and where they are used in the ENTD so I can potentially use them to create new characters. Simon and Balmafula are obvious, but I'd kinda prefer to leave them alone if possible and use the others. I also don't think I can do much with Tietra since her sprite is incomplete.

So, specifically, I guess I'm looking for more on the 3 weird priest guys. I kind of inferred one of them is connected to an unused version of Marach's job/sprite?

Thanks!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

darkskyx

May 11, 2022, 06:00:27 am #1 Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 10:15:40 am by darkskyx
I have the same issue, I want new characters but I don't know which unit should I put at the ENTD of FFTPatcher more than Simon or Valmafra. I guess that there are not more unused units with Sprite + Sprite formation so you have to destroy another one.

This issue is bigger due to lack of good ASM hacks... And that's because how limited is PSP version actually. I think actually there is no easy solution, maybe someone has to make an ASM hack so we can have more units to customize.

Edit: One possible solution is to modify guests, but you'll have a wrong sprite/avatar in your sprite formation (due to the same image linked on the WLDFACE). The idea is to modify one of the spritesheets, but you'll have to modify every event that they are in and then put the sprite model you want. If you are not careful bugs will happen. This is not easy but there's something.

During my investigation & testing, I can say that you can't use those "3 priest" because they don't have sprite model or they don't have sprite formation tied to another one. You only can use some units as enemies that have an spritesheet & portrait sprite tied.
The only way I can think of to make it work is to modify Orran as a new unit - changing that unit to an unused one from the enemies so you can add a new one - This is a easy way to have 1 more unit, with small changes from events. And it worked because I tested it.
Recruitment didn't work for units that had their portrait in WLDFACE4.BIN - and I think in theory ASM hacks could be able to change that.
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825