• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:05:38 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Chocobo Recolours... Again

Started by Jumza, October 20, 2011, 07:42:18 pm

Jumza

October 20, 2011, 07:42:18 pm Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 12:10:43 pm by Jumza
Rather than necrobumping my old topic i made a new one for my new palettes for chocobo's
1-Purple 2-Black 3-White 4-Green 5-Blue 6-Orange 7-Brown 8-Red

Known mistakes that I will finish later: Brown Chocobo's portrait looks identical to orange's with slightly darker shades.
And hopefully you guys will see some mistakes i didnt so i can perfect my little birds  :)

Things I may do later: Possibly a different portrait for chocobo's... although i do like the original anyway.
May add more recolors for different monsters (suggestions)?
Replace Purple Chocobo with Gold (new file)
Replace Navy blue chocobo with Gold, (new file)
Replace Brown chocobo with Gold, (new file)
Replace orange chocobo with Gold, (New file).

Things I have finished:
Added second file replacing the purple chocobo with the Gold palette
Added third file replacing the blue chocobo with Gold palette
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

RavenOfRazgriz

As much as I like a fully recolored Chocobo sheet, I must recommend keeping an original Yellow on the sheet.  Using the recolors as-is either means no basic Chocobos, or that basic Chocobos and these count as different sprites as far as the sprite limit goes, which kinda sucks from a use-perspective no matter which way you choose to go with it.

I'll need to go through all the actual birdie colors later though to critique them, but this covers a lot of colors I wanted but would've had to do myself otherwise.  Me gusta.

Jumza

Glad you enjoyed it, if I were to make a copy of this sprite to add a yellow chocobo which colour would you suggest i take out?
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

RavenOfRazgriz

If the orange and brown are as similar in sprite as they are in portrait (still not had a chance to browse through, busy day), you could always drop one of those.  Maybe the orange because you've already got a lot of brightly colored ones and brown would have more contrast. 

Jumza

October 20, 2011, 10:58:26 pm #5 Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:02:03 pm by Jumza
QuoteI like the bright blue one

:D

The Brown one has a different color (unlike the color may show on the port) compared to orange in the sprite although i suppose i would drop... probably purple or black because they are also almost identical.