• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 05:07:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

mav

And the Geomancers. And a very special thanks to cold52, these were probably two of the most difficult sprites to deal with. Very poorly designed in the first place. Thanks a ton, man. I'll try and get the Mimes out tonight.

mav

Preview of the female Mime. This one was a doozie.
[attachment=0:3nkjvk4s]mimepreview.png[/attachment:3nkjvk4s]

Cheetah

Only the brown is an issue, and the purple may be a bit too purple.
Current Projects:

mav

Are you referring to the masks on both those units? Cause I honestly feel the same way. Those things are a little difficult for me. The reason they're being recolored is to make the portraits easily distinguishable as well. I feel like the Red one's bandanna needs some more contrast too.

Here's an update:
[attachment=0:11gwj0zm]mimepreview.png[/attachment:11gwj0zm]

Wiz

These are all flipping awesome, and keep up the work you guys. Man I gotta learn how to do this stuff soon cause I'll totally become like the guys in the axe commercials then. And I'll also being able to help out then more importantly :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

Red and purple are now good. I think the main shade of brown on the mine needs to be lighter, it looks to gray right now.
Current Projects:

PX_Timefordeath

Wow, good job mav and everyone else who helped. All that's left are Female Thief and the Mimes!

mav

Quote from: "Cheetah"I think the main shade of brown on the mine needs to be lighter, it looks to gray right now.
Very interesting. Check out the attachments for possible improvements. I feel like the greens on the bandannas may be too dark too, but that's your call.
[attachment=0:1l1y8blx]mimepreview.png[/attachment:1l1y8blx]

And the male Mime is possibly the worst sprite ever. I've having difficulties with this one too. I'll try and post something tomorrow.

Cheetah

Current Projects:

mav

Female Mime done indeed. Test these out, pay special attention to the portraits.

FFMaster

Alright, I'll post screenshots once I get home tonight. I've just been so busy the past few days...
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

mav

It's all good, man. We all have the real world to attend to. I'm still working on the male Mime. It's a freaking terrible sprite.

mav

Didn't believe me when I called it terrible? Take a look. This is after hours of work. This was pretty much the best I could do for now. You might as well take a freaking blob into battle.
[attachment=0:370rwda3]mimepreview.png[/attachment:370rwda3]

Zaen

At this point... I'm sure we can safely say.. who cares? It's a Mime.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

mav

Hah, I hear ya, but I'm sure someone somewhere will be wondering why it didn't get a decent treatment palette. This one ain't my fault though--it's just poorly shaded and designed to begin with. So don't blame me. Blame yourself, or Square.

Cheetah

Yeah as a whole this works just fine. The black on the hood of the black one could be a little lighter, but this palette as a whole must be so impossible that it really doesn't matter.
Current Projects:

mav

Yeah, I see a lot of things I'd like to fix on those palettes, but it's just too challenging. The female Thief wasn't too easy either, but fixing it is much more doable. So gimme some input, everyone.
[attachment=0:3pwrhyze]fthiefpreview.png[/attachment:3pwrhyze]

Cheetah

Female thief looks good, maybe darken the skin tone of the yellow thief. Really the Mime looks good all together too, I think you are being a little hard on yourself.
Current Projects:

FFMaster

Big post coming. Images are in the spoiler tags so people don't have to scroll too much.

☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

mav

Quote from: "Cheetah"Female thief looks good, maybe darken the skin tone of the yellow thief. Really the Mime looks good all together too, I think you are being a little hard on yourself.
Yeah, I tend to be my biggest critic. It's the only way for me to accept faults within my work. Anyways, darkening the skin tone shouldn't be an issue. I'll give her a lighter tan than the green one though.

Many many thanks for the testing, FFM. I think I need to clean up the white palette for the male Geomancer. It doesn't look right yet.