• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 02:28:19 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Sword Glitch Fix Plz?

Started by evan212, July 21, 2010, 07:27:17 pm

evan212

Ok so I being a Nubby was stoked about playing V.1.3030 on a PS2/PSX system .... (for me its the only way to play a game) ... when i came across the stubborn freeze glitch ... so i did some research and luckly *Patch has supplied us with a ppf file that patches the annoying freeze for a freshly patched V1.3030.

"Patch:
        I replaced the BATTLE.BIN in a 13030-patched image with a 13027-patched version, and can enter a battle without the game freezing on the PSX and PSP. "
 Download that here: viewtopic.php?t=4182   <----

It later goes on to talk about the "Sword Glitch" caused by the "defend hack"

This is what i'm getting to...
         I realize i've never hacked anything .. hex edited .. sprited .. ect ..., but if there's anyone who can help with  this ... or even show me a how to guide....
      I would work on this until the game is fixed up real nice and clean and then after i would test the game over and over prolly playing through a few times i'm
      sure.

Granted .. if it's to hard for some idiot to read a guide and figure it out ... doesn't this site have some clever ASM hackers that could patch/fix/or remove the defend hack pretty quick ... or is this more time consuming than I think? >.<

(Currently reading Zodiac's guide to ASM hacking... and more)  

~Thanks

evan212

So .. any help .... at all ....

What program do i use to open the battle.bin to edit the defend hack bug?

and is anyone able to help with this ... ive been waiting on a response for at least a day now ...

~Thanks

evan212

any help :( ....

it's not like im asking for a miracle ... is it?