• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:59:33 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Renaming Jobs/Skillsets

Started by Risca, July 18, 2010, 09:10:00 pm

Risca

Okay, I've spent half the day today looking for some pretty specific information, and haven't been able to find it.  It seems like something that would be a very common question, so apologies if it's already been answered somewhere and I'm just overlooking it.  Here we go:

What I want to do is edit Ramza's job from "Squire" to something else, and change the name of his skillset from "Guts" to something else.  I'd like to NOT just assign him a different skillset if at all possible, because I'd like his skillset to be unique to him.  I did check out the fftcustom project, and in there "Guts" was changed to "Mettle" and many job abilities were renamed, so I know its possible to do this...I just can't find the tutorial or information on it for the life of me.

Thanks in advance for any help with this, and again sorry if it has already been spelled out somewhere.

philsov

fftacttext.

should be bundled with fftpatcher, available on the front page downloads.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.