• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:20:15 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Issue with the Brawler innate ability(?)

Started by Donkeyton, March 14, 2010, 08:33:19 pm

Donkeyton

So I've created a martial artist type of class for a customized game. Sort of like a more powerful monk. (This class is the base class of a special unit I made, and it is not a generic class.) One of the innate abilities I gave this class/character is Brawler. Now, I'm aware that Brawler allows a unit to hit harder with fists. But it also seems to be causing the character to hit weaker with weapons. Is that supposed to happen?

Furthermore, the Brawler innate seems to carry over to other jobs when I switch this guy's class during the game. For instance, when he turns into a Knight, he hits weaker with swords than my other knights do. He seems to hit stronger with his fist (though it's not quite as strong as a sword hit from another knight).

Can anyone confirm if:

a) A character whose base class has the Brawler innate will always have the Brawler innate, regardless of his current class;
b) That the Brawler innate ability will make weapons weaker?

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Donkeyton

Weird. Something else must be going on, then. Thanks.