• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:52:51 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Changing Base Class

Started by Audustum, February 20, 2010, 04:06:09 pm

Audustum

February 20, 2010, 04:06:09 pm Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:14:24 pm by Audustum
Hey everyone!

I just recently started fiddling around with the modding equipment for the PSX version you've got here: it's very nice!  Goodjob to all of the developers!

I've run into a bit of a problem trying to shift around classes.  Let's keep this focused on the Arc Witch.

Using FFTPatcher, I changed one of the generics in 188 into an Arc Witch and altered the Arc Witch's skillset to my preference (gave it one of the All Magic skillsets).  When I start the game and go through that first battle in Gariland, things look pretty good!  One of my generics is an Arc Witch with the All Magic skillset.  However, the only two classes in her status screen are Squire and Chemist.  Worse, when I finish the battle and look in the formation screen she still only has Squire and Chemist.  If I change her class, Arc Witch is irretriavably gone and I can't learn any more of the talents in the skillset I assigned it since it doesn't show up in her menu.

So I was wondering: is there any way I can change her base class to be Arc Witch and thus get around this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT: I should add that yes, all this being done with the ENDT editor.  Furthermore, I tried using it on Delita (to turn him into a Dark Knight) and his base class also remains Squire on the job wheel, so I know the problem isn't just because I'm altering a generic.

R999

February 20, 2010, 09:13:27 pm #1 Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 12:30:56 am by R999
I think Jobs have a corresponding Sprite that goes with them. Looking at the FFTPatcher, 21 Arc Witch corresponds to Sprite 21 Balmafula. But since your sprite is a Generic instead, her base job will remain Squire.

What you have done:forcing this generic to use the Arc Witch Job (which, has whatever skillset you set it to), and setting the primary to be that of the Arc Witch's main skillset, but not setting this generic's Sprite to match with the corresponding job (which is what determines the "base job", I believe). Similarly, Delita's sprite have their own corresponding jobs (Squire, Holy Knight, Arc Knight) so your Delita would also retain his "base job"; which is Squire in your case.

I believe one way to achieve your desired solution is to change the Sprite of that character as well (which will alter her "base job").

Audustum

That worked like a charm!  How did I miss that (I even read both the character creation guides in the first three pages of threads)!?

Thank you so much!