• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:13:23 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Various issues with spriting in PSP version.

Started by Solidor, October 19, 2009, 11:07:05 pm

Solidor

October 19, 2009, 11:07:05 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Solidor
1. Can anyone tell me which sprites are suitable for replacement in the PSP version without causing any problems to the game itself. Mainly stuff that isnt used or rarely used. Right now I can only find 2 which shishi mentions that are unused.

2. What can I do to make a sprite fit into the PSP iso? Im trying to import a sprite in and it tells me the size has exceeded the available amount. I know you cant extend PSP iso so what about editing the sprite to fit it in properly instead.

3. If Im not concerned about portrait and formation sprites I can skip them without crashing the game right or do I absolutely need to have that done too?

Solidor

October 24, 2009, 06:57:19 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Solidor
Can anyone help me plz. Especially question 2, some sprites on the site are 64kb and I cant import them into shishi. Also I have another question. What happens if I replace a sprite of a character that appears in cutscenes and in battle dialog scenes. Like if I replace Orlandu will the cutscenes be replaced with the sprite I imported of does the game use its own set of sprites for cutscenes.

MiKeMiTchi

October 24, 2009, 09:14:09 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Please be specific.

Quotesome sprites on the site are 64kb

Which sprites?

QuoteWhat happens if I replace a sprite of a character that appears in cutscenes and in battle dialog scenes.

The event character's palette will be based from the replaced sprite.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi