• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:31:38 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Resampling Methods

Started by JordanErick, July 23, 2009, 07:24:43 pm

JordanErick

July 23, 2009, 07:24:43 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by JordanErick
The question I have is about image resampling, to... add resolution to pixely sprites. Like, you know when you enable filters in espxe it curves pixeled lines to make things sharper. That's what i'm looking for. Only instead of using it realtime, to use it on images.

I found scale4x and hq4x on the internet. Running either seems to have barely/if at all, an effect on the sprite sheet's i've tried. So I was wondering if anyone has tips for doing this, or know of a program that can run multiple passes over the same image.

Even settings for vector program's or flash that give good results would be appreciated. And thanks in advance.

grenadier42

July 23, 2009, 07:36:00 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by grenadier42
Quote from: "JordanErick"I found scale4x and hq4x on the internet. Running either seems to have barely/if at all, an effect on the sprite sheet's i've tried.
This may be a stupid/obvious question, but did you make the sprite sheet 4x bigger first?

EDIT: Also, where the hell did you get the source from? The homepage for the hqxes is down. >_<

JordanErick

July 24, 2009, 12:33:32 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by JordanErick
Ya I noticed the sites down too. You can still download it thru opening the site in a website archiver tho. I used "timemachine".org or something.

As for the sizing, I don't think so. I just used the sprite at it's normal size, and the outputed file was 4x bigger. The results being pretty much 'identical' to what photoshop does resizing the sprite 4x.