• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 02:35:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics PSX Case Sleeve.

Started by Darkholme, August 16, 2012, 11:11:54 am

Darkholme

So. I'm not a big fan of the PSX/CD Cases.

I want to put Tactics back on my shelf, as opposed to keeping it in a box or a CD book.

I know many of you guys only use emulators, but not all of you do, IIRC.

Anyways.

Here's something I'm working on in photoshop. I'm basically done the front, but still working on the back.

This way it won't look out of place with my xbox360 & ps2 games.

I plan to do up a couple versions, it's easier to make tweaks than make it from scratch. Perhaps burn a couple of the modded versions as well, and give them their own tweaked cases. Maybe with different cover art too. Who knows.

MiKeMiTchi

Not too shabby. The Delita image you found is pretty nice. ;)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Darkholme

Thanks. :)

Once I figure out what I want the back to look like (should be similar to the PS2 Game Cases I have) I'll put the finished one(s) up here.

You guys may find use for them, maybe not. I'm mostly doing it for me anyways. I think I may make one for FFT Vanilla, FFT Complete, and perhaps a couple other patches, since I prefer to play on my PS1.

If I manags to find some of those CD labelling stickers, I may even make some labels for the discs themselves. We'll see.

Darkholme

August 17, 2012, 09:22:00 am #3 Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:58:09 pm by Darkholme
Alrighty.

First Version. WOTL Style.

Click for Full Size

For the Second (Alternate) Version, I'm going to update the logos and adjust the text to better match the original release. (Squaresoft instead of Square Enix, Old FFT Logos, etc.)

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Darkholme

August 17, 2012, 11:01:21 am #5 Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:08:57 am by Darkholme
Glad you like it.

I want my PSX Games I actually play to be on the shelf with my PS2/360 games, so I want them to be in the same sized case. lol.

Of course you'll have to fiddle with it to print it at the right resolution. I'm not 100% sure what the end dimensions are supposed to be, to be honest. I found a hi res template for a generic PS2 case insert, and based it on that.

I would suggest measuring an existing insert or looking it up for the dimensions, and then printing it at whatever scale it takes to fit those dimensions.