• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:21:09 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Status probability

Started by Jingle, December 09, 2012, 12:34:16 pm

Jingle

December 09, 2012, 12:34:16 pm Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 12:52:10 pm by Jingle
I was always concerned with this: how can I know the probability a status will be inflicted by a damaging skill? I am restarting to work on my mod these days and I want to be precise with balancing calculation about Spirit Magic, Ninja Skill, Beso Toxico and so on. For my previous mod I normally just considered it 50% of normal status hitting effects, because they need to hit normally and only after it you know if the status will hit (even if it is not half the probability than a normal status). I think I will probably end up considering them "half a status", for easier calculations, but, still, I wanted to know exactly what is going on with the math there.
Is it based on status evasion? Probably. Is it based on the position (front-lateral-back)? I'm not entirely sure. Is there any value written in the skill to know how much is the probability for the skill itself? I'm pretty sure these skills seem to be normally inflicting statuses more than 50% of the time

Also I read somewhere that Sheep Count has a better status probability than Sleep, but I cannot find any confirmation of this, and by testing, it's just the same, every status skill (just status, without damage) seems to have the same probability perfectly based on status evation (50% from the front for normal characters)

Ethereal Embrace

All moves that deal damage as well as a status effect have technically the same chance of dealing a status effect if it were a move that did not deal damage.

However, moves like fire whip or water veil require that the actual attack part of the move hits for there to even have a chance of being disabled or silenced/whatever status ailment. So in that sense it is the basic chance (like 50% when aimed at the front of any playable class) multiplied once more by the chance of the actual attack's chance of attack (like 50 % on the front of a soldier or 75% by the side).

So while sheep count would have a 50 % chance of success by the front, or 55 % by the side.
Fire whip or water veil would have a 25 % chance of dealing a status effect in the front, or 41.25 % chance by the side (75 % * 55 %).

Jingle

Oh well, so it's kind of working to consider them "half" a normal status effect.
Thank you very much for the information, Ethereal, this is really helping me.