• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Help! I modified bytes after 16MB (Solved)

Started by rrs_kai, December 08, 2014, 10:24:19 am

rrs_kai

December 08, 2014, 10:24:19 am Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:58:16 pm by rrs_kai
I was experimenting with Nightmare2 to change the animations to see what pallete changing actually means, I didn't change anything to my ROM. Later while backing up to an ips patch, Lunar IPS said that I had modified the bytes after the 16MB mark and only changes upto the 16MB mark will be saved.

The rom size increased by 1KB i.e 16,384KB to 16,385KB.
Is this a threat? What consequences can this have?

I am currently editing animations so that soldiers/warriors aren't using the blue magic initiation, if that helps. Should I stop editing animations? Are they bugged? I did test a few pallete changes and they worked fine.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Darthatron

GBA games can be up to 32mb, so that's not an issue. The issue is with Lunar IPS. You can either use try to keep the ROM <=16mb or you can use a different patcher (UPS is good).

Although it's also possible that you may have put some extra bytes in the middle somewhere, which may have thrown everything after that point out of whack... If that's the case, the only way of telling is if your game spontaneously implodes when you are testing it.
  • Discord username: Darthatron

rrs_kai

I read about the 16MB limitation on LunarIPS and switched to UPS, was about the update the main post, thanks by the way.

Since this post is just a bump I will show what I did with Nightmare2 animation-editing
Respect Montblanc or else...