• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:57:09 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Abandoned Sprite Projects

Started by Zozma, November 20, 2008, 10:22:13 pm

Wiegraf

Im disappointed about Gabranth and Link being abandoned :/ but I suppose thats why I need to learn how to make my own

Also, why is Balbanes on that list? A finished sprite for him is in the custom sprites download section
What troubled sleep have you known to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream must always fade into day...

-Wiegraf

Zozma

I am pointing out that all of these are abandoned because, at some point they all had at least a little bit made, weather it be a stopped frame, a portrait or even near completion.

with that being said, i don't see why it would be a problem for someone to come and finish certain ones.
And before any of the creators say "ohhh im still working on it" consider how long all of these have been sitting there "collecting dust"
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Tonb3rry

I need to get back around to my stuff I suppose... the Zombie seemed like such a good idea until I really started doing it; work is never as fun once you start it O.o

jimmyjw88

Quote from: "Zozma"And before any of the creators say "ohhh im still working on it" consider how long all of these have been sitting there "collecting dust"
Lol. Very true, consider myself as one of them. Though, my sprites aren't any great to make into the list. Haha.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

ive only listed sprites that are based off of characters that already exist really, but ive seen so many custom projects that never got submitted...

Cheetah

A really good addition to this would be linking to the topics where the progress of all these projects is contained. Get that in there and lets sticky this.
Current Projects:

Zozma

sounds good, ill take care of that

jimmyjw88

Agreed though one thing, why is Balbane there? Or are you referring to other Balbanes attempt that were promising?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

that's right, it was completed... i guess i always pictured him differently and i overlooked it

jimmyjw88

I see. Well, I planned to make another version of Balbane with cape, myself ^^

Kagebunji

I'm lookin forward to those links, gonna pick some sprite from the list myself.

Zozma

link looked the closest to completion, and the 10yo boy was very close too...

Boxiii

I have this. Not mine though.

Smash

Quote from: "Zozma"I do agree that a vast majority of Smash's projects are likely never going to be finished. (not to insult the individual, his work is brilliant) but it is what it is...
I wont bother to list them for the time being but im sure most of us know what they all are.
I never abandon my proyects, I just tire and put them on hold for long periods of time.

...Until the time I get this mysterious urge to pick them up again, which is ever rare.
Pray for it to come.

Unlike new concepts, heh. I do make alot of them. It's the same for any art I make, I start, but then I stop to start something else and thus never finish.  :P

Zozma

ahh, theres someones version of the female blue mage from long ago. never got submitted

yep, as ive said, i didn't list yours but they have been around a while nontheless

Kagebunji

Hmm, I see that you listed Lenneth there, Zozma. I work on mine Lenneth, wich is better than those attempts in that topic to be honest. And I am not saying it only just because it is mine or something, just look at those attempts in that topic. Moogle is done too, by me as well. I just didn't submited it due to laziness, hehe. Hmm, Vyers/Mid Boss was once on my list, do you mean the one in my topic, or there is some other one around? I recall doing a frame for Cecil that looked less like Ramza.

I may post links to all those I said when my net will work properly again.

Cheetah

Quote from: "Boxiii"I have this. Not mine though.

Yeah that would be my female blue mage that I did probably over a year ago. I always wanted to add a blindfold to her, but this version should definitely be submitted as is. I think I even have all the palettes done...
Current Projects:

Zozma

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Hmm, I see that you listed Lenneth there, Zozma. I work on mine Lenneth, wich is better than those attempts in that topic to be honest. And I am not saying it only just because it is mine or something, just look at those attempts in that topic. Moogle is done too, by me as well. I just didn't submited it due to laziness, hehe. Hmm, Vyers/Mid Boss was once on my list, do you mean the one in my topic, or there is some other one around? I recall doing a frame for Cecil that looked less like Ramza.

I may post links to all those I said when my net will work properly again.

2 things...
Your current Lenneth project looks great! (i will put a note that this was an older attempt listed)

second thing, Mid-Boss, one could easily recolor the well-made Sidney portrait that ive seen floating around into vyers picture... other than that i don't see why that would be a difficult project at all...

Kagebunji

Quote from: "Zozma"Your current Lenneth project looks great! (i will put a note that this was an older attempt listed)
Heh, thanks, glad you like it.

Quote from: "Zozma"second thing, Mid-Boss, one could easily recolor the well-made Sidney portrait that ive seen floating around into vyers picture... other than that i don't see why that would be a difficult project at all...

Port could be easily done indeed, I even have few ideas as to how to differ the port from Sidney. There is one difficulty with the sprite, I used Funeral Man's legs for the frame I did, and it looked great, one problem thoguh, that sprite isn't finished, so critical poses, dead poses and so forth would have to be custom. Using Elmdor's legs? Sure, but his cape is covering legs on all the back frames. I was having a lot of dilemna with this, and I decided to leave the project, haha.