• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:05:09 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Attack.Out not working

Started by Arganthonius7, November 20, 2010, 02:32:30 am

Arganthonius7

I have attack.out, attack.out editor, test.evt, event compiler, event decompiler, and cd mage in the same folder, but when I try to open attack.out editor it says:
Attack
Invalid Filename

and shows me what i assume to be the normal attack.out editor but has blank drop-down menus and blank map. What have I done to cause this error?

Pride

You have to extract the attack.out from your fft iso and put it in your folder with the editor. Use cd mage to open your iso and go the to event folder to find attack.out.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Eternal

Random question here. What OS are you using?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Arganthonius7

Eternal

Make sure the attack.out file actually says "attack.out". I know at least here on Windows 7, sometimes it'll chop the ".out" part out and I think that can screw up the editor.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

ffta707

Quote from: "Eternal248"Make sure the attack.out file actually says "attack.out". I know at least here on Windows 7, sometimes it'll chop the ".out" part out and I think that can screw up the editor.

That's right. Vista was doing it to me a while back also.

philsov

also make sure there is a "list" folder in the same folder.  it's normally bundled with the attack.out editor, but if you unpacked/moved only the editor and not that linked folder, I think you get this very error.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Arganthonius7