• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:47:55 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Time Lord Sprite

Started by Xeldoran, May 05, 2012, 11:20:44 pm

Xeldoran

Hi there all,

I just recently started modding FFT, and I wanted to show what I have been working on.

This is the first sprite I have done, a "Time Lord" style time mage.  It is a modified Olan sprite with Time Mage skin.  I also thought it would be fun to give the Time Mage a black mage style face with glowing eyes.

I have attached the BMP for Sprite sheet, UNIT.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN.  Also note that if you use for Time Mage sprite that the SHP: and SEQ: are Type 1.

Let me know what you think!

3lric

First off, Welcome to FFH! Where all your dreams come true if you work for it

Second, well done on the sprite, I'm not a spriter, So i can't give you much critic on it, but it's always nice to see
new people doing sprites and modding FFT :mrgreen:

Spriters will likely come around soon to let you know their thoughts on it.
Hope to see more from you!
  • Modding version: PSX

Reks

Nice, looks to be a mixture of the Wizard and Time Mage sprites. Keep up the good job!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Xeldoran

Thanks for the replies!  Finding this site and modding FFT has renewed my interest in the game.  I've already played it about a dozen times through since it first came out, but now it's like playing a brand new game!

I'm working on some alternate skins for main characters and a Male Knight sprite with a helmet.  I'll post them when I'm through.

Cherrie

Oh man this is just cool~ +_+

Jon

The sprite is pretty good, and the idea is very FF like, which is cool. Its like Vivi's older bro or something...

The portrait is okay except it looks like the head has no depth. Its like the hat connects to the Christmas wreath thing and that connects to the body, you need to make a neck. I understand that the wreath would probably be covering this up some, but still make the neck thicker. Good job over all, looking forward to see more sprites and welcome to FFH! :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Xeldoran

@Jon -

Thank you for the critique!

I originally had a neck in the portrait, but based on the color palette I couldn't figure out how to get an acceptable color for it.  I'll see if I can work something out with it, or if you want to modify it please do!

I look forward to your opinion on future sprites!

Joseph Strife

The concept for it is realy good and like Jon said it's very FF like, great work man, glad to see more spriters around.
Keep up the good work and i hope to see more from you. :D
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Taichii

XD
alright... first off...

WELCOME TO FFH WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE XD
im taichii the handsome vampire... :D

anyway, nice first sprite xeldoran. keep up the good job :D
:more:
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Pickle Girl Fanboy

It kinda looks like the "face" is hanging out of the hood, when it should be hidden in the depths of the hood.

And maybe make the part around the neck look less like a mini-cape, and more like the neck protector of a flak vest - the point being that the protective part goes around the back of the neck, the sides, and the front, and the hat sort of settles on top of that.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviews/retailers/flecktarn/a_flak%20jacket.jpg
http://doctorbulldog.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/mtv.gif?w=450
http://www.qm-supply.com/zenstore/images/camoflakvest.jpg

Lijj

The sprite looks very cool; great idea!
  • Modding version: PSX