• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:12:12 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Job & Sprite links

Started by Xifanie, April 06, 2008, 06:13:38 pm

Xifanie

April 06, 2008, 06:13:38 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Been a while since I contributed to this section... the next tables shows which .SPR file will be loaded if you choose a job. I didn't inclue 80-82 as they are used for generics and with anything higher you get a special sprite. But the main job is squire and as soon as you change job you lose the special job.

Jobs marked with a * means that the current job will be as follows.
That means if you use 5A, the unit will have a fixed sprite of a squire with Calculator as main job.

I don't know the exact effects when you take any of the 3 generics (80/81/82) and mix them with special jobs... That will be for later.

Now I need to check which doubled sprites are used where. ;)
Agrias x2
Alma x3 (including one that is missing a lot of stuff)
Lede x2
Gafgarion x2
Celia x2
Malak x2
Meliadoul x2
Rafa x2

01 Ramza          RAMUZA.SPR
02 Ramza          RAMUZA2.SPR
03 Ramza          RAMUZA3.SPR
04 Delita         DILY.SPR
05 Delita         DILY2.SPR
06 Delita         DILY3.SPR
07 Algus          ARU.SPR
08 Zalbag         ZARU.SPR
09 Dycedarg       DAISU.SPR
0A Larg           RAGU.SPR
0B Goltana        GORU.SPR
0C Ovelia         HIME.SPR
0D Orlandu        ORU.SPR
0E Funeral        FYUNE.SPR
0F Reis           REZE.SPR
10 Zalmo          ZARUMOU.SPR
11 Gafgarion      BARUNA.SPR
12 Malak          GANDO.SPR
13 Simon          SIMON.SPR
14 Alma           GYUMU.SPR
15 Olan           ORAN.SPR
16 Mustadio       MUSU.SPR
17 Gafgarion      H61.SPR
18 Draclau        DORA.SPR
19 Rafa           H79.SPR
1A Malak          MARA.SPR
1B Elmdor         ERU.SPR
1C Teta           FURAIA.SPR
1D Barinten       BARINTEN.SPR
1E Agrias         KANBA.SPR
1F Beowulf        BEIO.SPR
20 Wiegraf        WIGU.SPR
21 Balmafula      BARU.SPR
22 Mustadio       MUSU.SPR
23 Rudvich        RUDO.SPR
24 Vormav         VORU.SPR
25 Rofel          H75.SPR
26 Izlude         H76.SPR
27 Kletian        H77.SPR
28 Wiegraf        H78.SPR
29 Rafa           RAFA.SPR
2A Meliadoul      H80.SPR
2B Balk           H81.SPR
2C Alma           H82.SPR
2D Celia          H83.SPR
2E Lede           ARUFU.SPR
2F Meliadoul      H85.SPR
30 Alma           ARUMA.SPR
31 Ajora          AJORA.SPR
32 Cloud          CLOUD.SPR
33 Zalbag         ZARU2.SPR
34 Agrias         AGURI.SPR
35 Chemist        ITEM_W.SPR
36 Priest         SIRO_W.SPR
37 Wizard         KURO_M.SPR
38 Oracle         ONMYO_M.SPR
39 Squire         MINA_M.SPR
3A Celia          SERIA.SPR
3B Lede           LEDY.SPR
3C Velius         VERI.SPR
3D Knight         KNIGHT_M.SPR
3E Zalera         ZARUE.SPR
3F Archer         YUMI.SPR
40 Hashmalum      HASYU.SPR
41 Altima         ARUTE.SPR
42 Wizard         KURO_M.SPR
43 Queklain       KYUKU.SPR
44 Rofokare       TOKI_W.SPR
45 Adramelk       ADORA.SPR
46 Oracle         ONMYO_M.SPR
47 Summoner       SYOU_W.SPR
48 Reis           REZE_D.SPR
49 Altima         KANZEN.SPR
4A *Squire        10M.SPR
4B *Chemist       10W.SPR
4C *Knight        20M.SPR
4D *Archer        20W.SPR
4E *Monk          40M.SPR
4F *Priest        40W.SPR
50 *Wizard        60M.SPR
51 *Time Mage     60W.SPR
52 *Summoner      CYOMON1.SPR
53 *Thief         CYOMON2.SPR
54 *Mediator      CYOMON3.SPR
55 *Oracle        CYOMON4.SPR
56 *Geomancer     SOURYO.SPR
57 *Lancer        MINA_M.SPR
58 *Samurai       MINA_M.SPR
59 *Ninja         MINA_M.SPR
5A *Calculator    MINA_M.SPR
5B *Bard          MINA_M.SPR
5C *Dancer        MINA_M.SPR
5D *Mime          DAMI.SPR
5E *Chocobo       KASANEK.SPR
5F *Black Chocobo KASANEM.SPR
60 *Red Chocobo   MINA_M.SPR
61 *Goblin        MINA_W.SPR
62 *Black Goblin  ITEM_M.SPR
63 *Gobbledeguck  ITEM_W.SPR
64 *Bomb          KNIGHT_M.SPR
65 *Grenade       KNIGHT_W.SPR
66 *Explosive     YUMI_M.SPR
67 *Red Panther   YUMI_W.SPR
68 *Cuar          MONK_M.SPR
69 *Vampire       MONK_W.SPR
6A *Pisco Demon   SIRO_M.SPR
6B *Squidlarkin   SIRO_W.SPR
6C *Mindflare     KURO_M.SPR
6D *Skeleton      KURO_W.SPR
6E *Bone Snatch   TOKI_M.SPR
6F *Living Bone   TOKI_W.SPR
70 *Ghoul         SYOU_M.SPR
71 *Gust          SYOU_W.SPR
72 *Revnant       THIEF_M.SPR
73 *Flotiball     THIEF_W.SPR
74 *Ahriman       WAJU_M.SPR
75 *Plague        WAJU_W.SPR
76 *Juravis       ONMYO_M.SPR
77 *Steel Hack    ONMYO_W.SPR
78 *Cocatoris     FUSUI_M.SPR
79 *Uribo         FUSUI_W.SPR
7A *Porky         RYU_M.SPR
7B *Wildbow       RYU_W.SPR
7C *Woodman       SAMU_M.SPR
7D *Trent         SAMU_W.SPR
7E *Taiju         NINJA_M.SPR
7F *Bull Demon    NINJA_W.SPR
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Zozma

April 07, 2008, 02:23:31 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
its best to use the guest versions and keep the other for story purpose + unit id

aguri is guest agrias
arufu is the version of lede that you see in battle
ledy is the second occurance of lede so its best to use this one for new sprite
seria is the second version of celia same as above

aruma should be the version of alma that you dont edit since its the one that looks flawless in the menu as well.

rafa is the guest version of rafa best of the two rafas to use for editing
malaks is the same but his sprite size is smaller?...

h85 is the enemy version of meliadoul and the best one to edit of the two
(this is the one i used to create my mystic knight)

gafgarion? the guest version is 17
you should use 11 for whatever else. why i suggest one over the other?

(agrias unit id 1E is called upon for a special conversation in a battle after shes already joined the team, and 17 is the unit id gaffy has when he betrays you)

also mustadeo, if you want to edit one of his sprites then do musu (id 22)
as his other id 16 is used to trigger events after he joins as well....

beware that celia, lede, alma... the arms connect differently for some reason so if you save another sprite over it and wonder why the arms arent where they should be thats why
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Zozma

April 07, 2008, 06:36:41 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
crap, i learned something new i guess...
if you want to use up one of agrias' dupe sprites
its gotta be the one accessed from 1E... kanba

tho this is the true agrias that joins you and not the guest..
at the part of the game where she (guest version) leaves you i cant figure out how to make it remove her 1E true version from the guest menu after talking to draclau... see i had her join up as a guest at orbonne with 1E so i could use 34 for my berserker...

what does this mean if you decide to use one of her spare sprites? well not much except in the fight with gafgarion at the execution site, if you have the guest version 34 she wont have her little conversation between gaffy and ramza. but i guess thats a small price to pay if you want to add a new character sprite into the game... sigh, i guess its better than getting stuck with unit #17 that can never be used.

Kourama

April 07, 2008, 08:57:48 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
I imported Balthier's sprite sheet over H61.SPR (Gafgarion's guest ver.) so that I could that sprite for Rad's sprite. I also made the necessary changes in ENTD so that Rad would have "Gafgarion's changed, guest sprite.

In any case in the very first scene and battle, Rad seems to have disappeared and Gafgarion has been changed to Balthier. So far I haven't been able to find a solution yet.

I'll post pics tonight to illustrate what I mean. Maybe one of you can help me out.

Xifanie

April 07, 2008, 05:24:34 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Those troubles will be able to be fixed in the next to come in a not near future Event editor.

If there aren't much events using a sprite sheet, it's worth Hex editing it.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Zozma

April 11, 2008, 07:10:48 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
theres only one scene in the psx version that agrias says anything extra, its the execution site... but it would be nice if you could make it so at the point where her guest version leaves, it  removed her 1E version instead....

"Agrias x2
Alma x3 (including one that is missing a lot of stuff)
Lede x2
Gafgarion x2
Celia x2
Malak x2
Meliadoul x2
Rafa x2"

also we need to slap the sprite types into two catagories....

Alma, Lede, and Celia function differently than:
Gafgarion,Malak,Rafa, Meliadoul, Agrias

VincentCraven

April 12, 2008, 09:26:14 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
So then, am I able to replace one of the Agrias, Rafa, and Meliadoul classes with a new class and not mess them up?

Of course, I'd have to consolidate each into one slot, but is that going to work?

I'm assuming Alma, Celia, and Lede are more difficult to tamper with.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Zozma

April 12, 2008, 04:20:00 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
you can change one of each, however, keep in mind that one usually is the guest/enemy version and the other the one that joins or turns on you in gaffy's case. if you change the guest version you better make sure you check all occurances of that changed version in the entd editor to the other remaining version. don't change the unit id tho or any event action they take will be ignored. also there are a few things that need troubleshooting if you read above posts, like if you make agrias's normal version join as the guest too, she wont be removed from your party after meeting with draclau.

also, its not that alma, celia, lede are harder to edit or more complicated. its just that their limbs seem to connect at different points. so their slots are ideal for characters like teta who are built the same way.

karsten

April 13, 2008, 04:58:05 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "VincentCraven"So then, am I able to replace one of the Agrias, Rafa, and Meliadoul classes with a new class and not mess them up?

Of course, I'd have to consolidate each into one slot, but is that going to work?

I'm assuming Alma, Celia, and Lede are more difficult to tamper with.

well isn't it perfect for our patch vincent?  :roll:

Zozma

April 15, 2008, 07:07:45 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
just be careful you test it out first. im sure you guys have seen my mention of screwed up events or situation where u get stuck with a certain guest permanently after consolidating to 1 single sprite....

im pretty familiar with the way most of the human sprites work if u got any questions i might have some answers...

-EDIT-
adding to this same post...
special characters like ramza for quick example have extra palette space for second third and fourth palettes just like the generics... however IS there a way to force them to use something other than their default, at least in battle only? you see i want to create a "Doppelganger" job where in battle i can assign it to any special and it forces the second color palette instead of using the primary. i tried making the job use "monster palette 01" which would be the second color set... but that didnt work either.... (it works for my blue chocobo, but of course thats a monster anyway)

see this would be yet another way to create some new enemies without wasting a custom sprite slot....

LastingDawn

April 16, 2008, 12:56:37 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well from what the Shishi Sprite Editor says...

Daisu - Dycedarg - 2 Palettes
Dily2 - Delita - 2 Palettes
Dily - Squire Delita - 2 Palettes (same thing)
Furaia - Teta - 4 Palettes
H_80 - Meliadoul - 2 Palettes
H_85 - Meliadoul - 2 Palettes
Hasyu - Hashmalum - 2 Palettes
Kanzen - Arch Angel - 7 Palettes?
Kyuku - Queklain - 2 Palettes
Simon - Simon - 3 Palettes

Agrias I believe also has two or three extra palettes, but they are the same thing, what really interests me, is that Delita's second Holy Knight Palette has his hair grayed, so this hints at a very post game setting. Would have been interesting to see, Dycedarg's outfit goes from Green to Blue, I don't recall the game using this.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

April 16, 2008, 05:43:53 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
yeah they have other palettes, BUT you can't make them use them.... give it a try

trickstardude7

April 16, 2008, 08:10:27 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
anyone know in the psp version which one is aliste i looked all throught the http://istaken.org/fft/ database but i can't find him well i may have missed one but does anyone know?

Cheetah

April 16, 2008, 08:23:25 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Hmm odd. He should just be on there under his name, I know because that is where I got it from. But it doesn't seem to be there anymore. I would recommend PMing Melonhead about it, I believe those are his resources.
Current Projects:

Vanya

April 16, 2008, 11:03:05 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I don't see it either.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

April 17, 2008, 08:53:32 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
who the heck is aliste anyway? i never finished the psp version..

LastingDawn

April 17, 2008, 08:56:08 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Aliste is Beowulf's old friend and ally in arms. He joined with Priest Bremondt and kidnaps Reis. You fight him... twice? I think? He is also a Templar. He has some very rare gear, also what makes his fight odd (at least that I noticed) Beowulf won't simply kill Aliste, but put many kinds of different status ailments on him.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

April 17, 2008, 09:38:19 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
ahh i see so they just added them in to further explain how reis became a dragon or something in the first place?

trickstardude7

April 17, 2008, 09:45:03 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
yes because in the psx version they really clarify nothing on the past of beowulf and reis so the quest is pretty cool

Zozma

April 17, 2008, 10:29:43 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
so is his sprite just like a recolored version of beowulf with an extra bang in the front for hair or wut? ive never seen it