• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:21:11 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT: Newtype (Playable Demo in One Week, Armor Posted)

Started by Eternal248, April 19, 2010, 12:18:19 am

sutebenukun

I realize it has only been a couple of days since the post mentioning the female version of the scholar but- Have you decided on a look for her? I'm really interested in the scholar sprites.

Basing the scholar feel off of the male version what about making the female scholar something like a younger less heavily clad calculator? Rather than having such heavy robes, have her wear something more along the lines of a two piece dress, the bottom being a long skirt (similar to the Dancer's skirt) and the top being a long sleeved hooded shirt with a large book strapped to her back.

Then again I'm just spouting off ideas. But I hope to see a female scholar in the near future! ^-^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

Eternal

Hmm, preferably, I would want it to look like a female version of the current Scholar, with glasses and such. I'm very much one for traditional FF class designs, although I'm no spriter so I can't really speak for how easily it could be done. I love Hal's design from FFIV: The After Years, and if anything, I would want the sprite to look similar to her's. Her design is below.

On a different note, my current task is putting Aliste, Bremondt, and Hell Wyrm into Newtype. Aliste will be battled in Goland Passage, rather than the Archaic Demon, and Bremondt as well as Hell Wyrm will be fought at Nelveska, rather than Worker 7. Look forward to some updates in the near future!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Samuraiblackbelt

a few minor glitches I noticed (all at Zerkile):

Delita was low on MP but Holy Blade (correct name?) wasn't turning red, the rest of his abilities were, however.

a knight used tremor on one of my units, but it said that it had a 00% chance of happening.

after having counter geomancy (tremor) used on me, my unit was confused, but I was allowed to select which direction I wanted to end my turn on. (not sure if you can do this in vanilla, never had it happen.)

Yes, they are all very minor glitches, but they're there.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Eternal

Regarding Holy Blade, I have no idea what causes that. It seems to do that on seemingly random actions that require MP. I'm guessing it's because I added an MP cost to a skill that normally didn't cost MP.

Tremor... I have no idea how to explain that. Regarding Confuse... it may have to do with starting your turn un-confused. Thanks for the report!
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

Some fun screenshots for you guys.

One is of a glitch that occurs after using Shadow Lance. It's pretty cool-looking, IMO. The second is a preview of the Aliste battle in Goland passage. It's a three-on-one, with Ramza, Beowulf, and Reis brawling it out with Aliste Rosenheim, loyal retainer to Archdeacon Bremondt Freitburg, who turned Reis into her dragon form!

Kagebunji

Glitch with Beowulf is great, looks like Beowulf is using speed of light :D

Eternal

If I can figure out -what- caused that exactly, I would love to use that on Hasted characters, somehow. Not sure it's possible, though.

Zenius

So you're changing the Sinogue fight into the Aliste fight, correct?

The HiemLICH

Kagebunji

Ok, I tried to do Female Scholar. I have two words: EPIC FAIL.
1. Doesn't look one bit like a Scholar.
2. Isn't feminine enough, more of a man he is.

Meh, screw this, find other concept Et, this one won't look enough girly(look at my fail).

Edit: Lol Et, were you even searching? Look, this looks feminine :P

SilvasRuin

I'm finally getting around to checking out ASM'd, and after maybe a chapter or so of that I'll check out this.  Kind of curious though...  this seems to be based more on ASM'd than on any of the other 1.3 patches.  It's got me wondering.  What ASM hacks are you using, if any?  Like what formula are axes using?

Eternal

@Zenius: Correct.

@LICH: Why can't you win the first battle? Aim for the Scholar and you're good.

@Kage: That's a good concept, Kage. Was that from FFXI? I thought in XI, your look changed with your armor.

@Silvas: Axes use their Vanilla formula, but have a chance of rending equipment. In hindsight, it probably is based on ASM'd moreso than 1.3, since I am using a few ASM hacks. The ones I'm using currently are the Defend (Damage -25%), Oil/Float weak to Fire/Wind, JP Scroll Fix, Weapon Strike Fix, and the X+1% Knockback ASM. In the future, I'm going to apply the Vanish and the Special Characters can go on Props ASM.

Kagebunji

So, if you are good with the concept I posted, I will begin....on Friday, no option to do it faster.

Eternal

Yeah, if you build the sprite based on the concept picture, great. Friday is fine, there's no rush. ^_^

Samuraiblackbelt

I hit the summoner with a critical bow shot using Ramza, the summoner moved up 4 panels and ended on top of the dead white mage
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Zenius

Is anyone further in than me in their playthrough? I'm currently going into Riovanes.

Oh, and Wiggy @ Orbonne was a bitch. Melee hits for 200+ =_=

Eternal

@Tidus: I think the knockback ASM is glitched. Not sure how I would revert it back, though.

@Zenius: Yes, one of my testers is at Zalera. Can't get any farther, though, because I need to nerf Fallen One and Elmdor. I'll release an update soon.

Eternal

OK, I released an update which fixes a few glitches, namely the knockback and dual wield glitch. However, I had to use a totally new ISO and replace everything since you can't remove ASM's without a ton of knowledge and work. This means there may be errors, or the like, or I may be forgetting to replace some things. Also, Poeskas and Limberry have been nerfed. Also, special characters can now go on props.

Also, since this update comes in the middle of me working on the Aliste/Bremondt sidequest, Goland Passage has Aliste as a boss (albeit with the old lines and stuff) and Nelveska features Bremondt and Aliste as bosses. I haven't been able to replace their lines yet, but everything else works. I must admit, it's rather amusing to see Bremondt fume energy, like Worker 7. Please, keep reporting errors, people!

formerdeathcorps

What do you mean you can't remove ASM hacks without a ton of effort and work?  You just extract a modified BATTLE.BIN and an original BATTLE.BIN and then compare with any hex editor.  Use the xml file to find the correct offset and hex edit in the modified BATTLE.BIN back into the original.

Also, that knockback glitch has a lot more to do with the offset chosen.  The offset given in orgASM is wrong and actually won't work properly.  According to Zodiac, 00 05 34 should be replaced at "11F9C8", not at "11F469".
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

SilvasRuin

I didn't see this in Known Issues.  The Onion Knight at the beginning glitches when it kneels for the princess.

Also when Gafgarian is mouthing off to Agrias, a for is covered by the "next page" symbol thing.

I noticed even in the tutorial battle that both Onion Knights and Scholars seem to have something screwy going on with the sprites.  I kept seeing strange graphical bugs.  I think the Scholar sprite is fundamentally flawed to begin with as the arm doesn't seem to take the scarf into account for its animations.

A female squire with some palette bugs in the scene at the start of the flashback suddenly turns into a male black mage.  This was... interesting.

The knight's speech has some typos such as an "as" that needs capitalization and an "or" where it should be "of".