• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 12:21:33 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Spriting Help

Started by Wolfman666, May 16, 2012, 06:22:38 pm

Wolfman666

Hi, I just registered to this site, am very new to this. I was trying to change a battle sprite, from the ARU.spr to the Wolfman sprite featured in the sprite section on this site. In the tutorial "How to replace in-battle sprites" by Lydyn I basically got up to the second to last step, import the saved .spr into the battle folder. I am not quite sure how to do that part though, I tried just dragging and dropping the new file into the .img file's battle folder, which did not work. I tried manually inserting the saved .spr file into the battle folder through windows, and it said not enough space on the disc. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong for this step? Also, on a secondary note, is it possible to hack in entirely new commands? Once I know what I am doing with this I want to attempt to make some kind of shapeshifter character that can shapeshift into a certain monster in battle, and use that monster's attacks, but I am not sure if that is even possible or too complicated to even attempt. Thank you very much for your help, this site is awesome. I am using psx version of the game through epsxe.

3lric

Welcome to FFH, first off, don't import sprites that way. Just download FFTPatcher and use the program called Shishi, (it is included) so to the sprite you want to replace and import the SPR/BMP. Done no saving needed

• Modding version: PSX

Celdia

This thread really does once again shine a light on a recurring problem around here. Why are all those outdated tutorials on the front page still around? Better still, why don't we have the front page Tutorials link just jump to the Tutorials section of the forum where all of the current information is?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Wolfman666

Ahh yes, I must have been using an older version of it or something, as it didn't access my .img file directly. Thanks so much for the help and the welcome!

Wolfman666

Okay, so used the newer software and it worked fantastic, I am very impressed. Changed the name of the class on almost every screen, changed the Larg sprite to the wolfman sprite I found. Only thing I'm wondering now is there a way to fix the sprite so it works correctly in battle? It seems rather glitchy, instead of moving its legs like the other people it seems to switch its bottom and top around almost looks like it is swirling around rather than marching in place. I saw a video on youtube of the same sprite and it worked correctly so any advice on how to correct that would be great. Thanks again.