• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Question about custom iso crash and formation screen

Started by EpikComplex, October 13, 2009, 07:12:52 pm

EpikComplex

October 13, 2009, 07:12:52 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by EpikComplex
Hey guys Im pretty new to this whole hacking thing as i just found out about this site very recently.

One problem I have with hacking however is that when I implement a custom sprite in the game, it would sometimes crash the game. For example, I replaced the male squire job with the custom male warrior w/ the spiked hair as a test. It all worked well until I got to the 2nd battle of the game at Garliand (the battle right after orbonne monastary). When I killed the special squire (the one with the special portrait) I left him there to crystalize and when it came to be his turn (the crystalization turn if that's even a word xD) the game would just freeze and shut off my psp. Any help out there that can let me know wuts going wrong?

Secondly, I'd really like to learn how to get custom sprites on the formation screen for PSP but Lyndn's tutorial on the website is confusing.. I opened shishi and couldnt find the pallete option. :( can anyone show me?

Finally... (sorry for such a long post D:) is there any way to edit in game storyline text? I tried using the hacktext program but that only edits menu and UI words.

Thank you so so much in advance for taking the time to give some help!!

Wasabi

October 13, 2009, 07:53:31 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
I'm getting the same sort of crash midway into battle, but I haven't applied any sprite modifications in my patch (just some modifications with FFTPatcher). My first suspicions were that the patch was applied onto the PSP version of the game, which is rendered and may be hardcoded differently than its preceding PSX version, but I've heard accounts from other people that their patches work fine and they can grind endlessly without any crashes.

Also, to edit in-game storyline text, you would need to fiddle with the Event Compiler/Decompiler. I believe you can download that program on the home page of FFHacktics.