• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 08:33:42 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Fallen Angel

Started by Diil Fenrir, June 30, 2011, 05:35:55 pm

Diil Fenrir

Well, with the help of Kagebunji and Mirc, I made this:

The plan is to make a new demon more similar to Antima, and a sexier version o the Ultima demon (Celia and Lede are ultima demon, so is quite strange that their true form isn't more girlish)

Here the work done.

Ok, I'd like to have some advice and idea, what head I must use? Should i replace the Antima dual Sword?
W.I.P.

Dome

Celia and lede true form?
This is an epic win

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kagebunji

June 30, 2011, 05:37:56 pm #2 Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 05:41:29 pm by Kagebunji
Yes, we sat with Diil on chat for quite some time today, and wondered what to replace her sword frames with. This version doesn't have swords, so some ideas are neccesary. Brainstorm?

Quote from: Dome on June 30, 2011, 05:36:34 pm
Celia and lede true form?
This is an epic win

Indeed it is a great idea. Diil is from Italy as well, just like you Dome.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

That red is a bit too saturated/bright. Otherwise a decent idea.
Current Projects:

Diil Fenrir

June 30, 2011, 06:06:02 pm #4 Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:28:33 pm by Diil Fenrir

New Version (Hair by Kagebunji)

For the Red, is really bright, but I don't dislike, maybe because the pics is really dark.

Make that darker is not a problem anyway.

What about the new wing?  
W.I.P.

Wasabi

Regarding weapons, Diil had in mind a scythe, while I mentioned in irc a short pike.

What has me a little worried is that the original Altima sprite has her dual-wielding two short swords. Not sure if a single melee weapon can transmit well depending on the frames, but it's worth a shot imo.

Celdia

I can only express my reaction to this in imagery.

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Zozma

it looks great, but its red's are oversaturated
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

CONMAN

June 30, 2011, 09:58:15 pm #8 Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:08:12 pm by CONMAN
Does it have to be a real weapon? It could be swirling energy and then a bolt of energy.  It might seeam real tough, but i'm sure it's doable.  I just checked shishi and i think thats possible!

Granted, I think "swirling energy" could only be about the size of the sword hilts

GeneralStrife

Dude! Just gotta agree with the posts above me, looking splendid. Perhaps the unused WEP3 strange effects might work.

Twinees

June 30, 2011, 11:07:13 pm #10 Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 11:08:54 pm by Twinees
The eyes and headshape that you had originally Dill was fine as it was, it looks a lot better in proportion to the body => why it was made that way in the first place (Damn it Kage :P, I will fight with you about this until you die! :D). Now knowing that, the hair may need to be changed slightly or maybe not.

I agree with everyone about the red colours, one of the colours is so close to another that it probably wouldnt make a big difference if you just replaced it altogether. But you should just make either of those reds brighter or darker.

There are little things here and there on the wings that I will address later via an edit but it looks alright atm. The fallen angel's right wing is not on the correct angle, even if the left wing changed its angle from the original, the angle it is on is too extreme. Look at the original Altima sprite for reference for the wing.

Hopefully my crits will help a bit - Twin.

Diil Fenrir

Small problem, with the new wings and the horns the pics are larger than the original Antima, I'm not sure that she can fit in a Monster Template (or either in the antima type)
W.I.P.

Eternal

I'm totally using this for demon Celia/Lede when it's done.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Xifanie

July 01, 2011, 11:55:29 am #13 Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 11:56:44 am by Xifanie
If it works well like Altima, I'm totally using this as well!!!

Also my suggestion for the weapons are steel rings like mint uses:
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Diil Fenrir on July 01, 2011, 06:00:29 am
Small problem, with the new wings and the horns the pics are larger than the original Antima, I'm not sure that she can fit in a Monster Template (or either in the antima type)

Honestly? I'd lose the horns anyway, she'd look far better without them.  The horns on her head just make her look kind of cluttered, personally, and will take way too much work to actually make look "right."

Wolfran

July 01, 2011, 02:18:28 pm #15 Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:19:11 pm by Wolfran
Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on July 01, 2011, 01:13:11 pm
Honestly? I'd lose the horns anyway, she'd look far better without them.  The horns on her head just make her look kind of cluttered, personally, and will take way too much work to actually make look "right."

He's right about the horns and the wings look odd to me I think the shadowing is wrong.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

LastingDawn

Eh, Celia, Lede, and Elmdor are supposed to represent "beauty is skin deep". Taking away that theme wouldn't mean much, but I wouldn't trade that up personally. Besides, do two Altima sized sprites even load?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Fenrir90

She looks more like a Succubus honestly. For her weapon attack, how about claws?

Kagebunji

Succubus is exactly what Celia and Lede should be, haha.

RandMuadDib

Quote from: Kagebunji on July 04, 2011, 04:46:51 pm
Succubus is exactly what Celia and Lede should be, haha.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!