• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 08:23:13 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

okayy, help me out

Started by sarbs0, March 21, 2011, 11:00:06 pm

sarbs0

March 21, 2011, 11:00:06 pm Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 11:01:38 pm by sarbs0
okayy, so is there a step by step guide on how to get custom sprites into fft wotl?  Starting with how to get the iso from the psp to my pc.

I just want to change some of my characters in my party to look like sephiroth and other characters

i have cfw psp and most of the programs

Wasabi

sarbs0, here is a link to a topic I made containing info from Mega_Tyrant, who has assisted many users on GameFAQs and here regarding changes to the formation screen sprites. Along with Mega_Tyrant's advice, I also followed Celdia's extremely thorough guide on how to change the formation screen sprites with little concern.

Pro-tip: Sprites for Unit.bin should be 24 x 40 pixels, so when you're copying and pasting the custom sprites into the formation screen, it's advised that you use the latest shishi since it has a black background and is what Celdia uses in her guide. Start from the top edge, judge by the hand from the left side, and keep in mind the length of the unit(s) via the feet. Then stretch accordingly to the 24x40 pixel limit. Also, keep in mind that even though you are using the latest shishi to copy/paste the custom sprite, the WotL version presently only complies with version .352 (which has a white background).

As for ripping the .iso out from the UMD into your pc, I use UMDGen.

If you are still at a lost in what to do, use the Search function type in the appropriate key words pertaining to your search. And be sure to closely read the context of each relevant post to better understand what you need to do. Good luck.

sarbs0

ahh but isnt this for the ps1 version of tactics though?  or will this guide work with the psp version as well?

thanks for the help btw

sarbs0

OH, i didnt read the post in the link carefully enough, my bad

ok thanks ill give this a try, and have you managed to get this to work btw?

Wasabi

Yes. Yes I have. All you need to do is make the appropriate changes from the extracted fftpack.bin, and find the Unit.bin and WLDFACE.bin files. Once everything is modified to the way you like it, just follow whatever Mega_Tyrant has written step-by-step to get everything into a new ISO of the WotL version.

sarbs0

I got it!!  nice! haha its actually pretty simple

thanks for all your help wasabi!

SaurianGuy

Wasabi i tried to follow the steps from but on step 9 the program keeps saying it isn't a 16 bit bmp so it won't accept it. I am using the sprites on this website if it helps