• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:37:09 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Things you always wanted to say

Started by Xifanie, October 06, 2009, 08:50:12 am

Dormin Jake

October 08, 2009, 09:06:51 pm #120 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
I feel kind of special when someone pukes in my car.  Like, there are a lot of places in this world where, if you just hunch over and vomit your guts out, it is NOT OKAY.  I like for people to feel that, at least when they're in my company, they can retch all they want and I won't judge them.  As long as they're intelligent.  I have odd criteria concerning the kind of people whose sick I'm willing to clean.

I love this thread.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Vanya

October 08, 2009, 10:10:45 pm #121 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Quote from: "AngrySurprisedFace"I think the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer is absolutely terrible. Poorly written, bad character design, and just over the top with her sparkling vampires. It shouldn't have gotten the attention it did.

Thank you for diminishing everything scary about Vampires.

That is why we have True Blood & the Vampire Chronicles before that and Bram Stoker's Dracula before that.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Dormin Jake

October 08, 2009, 10:29:55 pm #122 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Quote from: "Vanya"That is why we have True Blood & the Vampire Chronicles before that and Bram Stoker's Dracula before that.
Neil Gaiman did a pretty interesting interview on the subject of vampires in pop culture:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20301186,00.html
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

dwib

October 09, 2009, 01:18:11 am #123 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
Bram Stoker's Dracula is the only good vampire story. Fuck all that other shit.

Fusso

October 09, 2009, 01:49:40 am #124 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Fusso
anyone who say that like Anne Rice have a Vagina
*** END OF MESSAGE ***

Bastard Poetry

October 09, 2009, 01:54:15 am #125 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I saw something nasty in the woodshed.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Kaijyuu

October 09, 2009, 03:44:40 am #126 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Quote from: "dwib"Bram Stoker's Dracula is the only good vampire story. Fuck all that other shit.
Really? I found it extremely boring.

The best vampire story is based on it though: Dracula, Dead and Loving It.

Quote from: "degrofm"I'm fairly certain that I didn't suggest that you didn't entirely rebut Arch's post, in fact, I'm fairly certain I suggested I wasn't entirely sure that you rebutted it at all.
Ah, my bad. Misread your post back when I wrote that.
  • Modding version: PSX

tithin

October 09, 2009, 07:48:30 am #127 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
7 pages, and no one calling me out, I'm shocked. But then, with the obvious exception of dome, everyone I've taken a dislike to has since left the forums.

/smug.
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

Dome

October 09, 2009, 08:03:00 am #128 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
HI GUYS I'M BACK!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Mental_Gear

October 09, 2009, 08:17:48 am #129 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
I'm still here tithin. I cannot be killed.

degrofm

October 09, 2009, 08:19:16 am #130 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by degrofm
Quote from: "Kaijyuu"
Quote from: "degrofm"I'm fairly certain that I didn't suggest that you didn't entirely rebut Arch's post, in fact, I'm fairly certain I suggested I wasn't entirely sure that you rebutted it at all.
Ah, my bad. Misread your post back when I wrote that.

Completely understandable. I really didn't write that in a perfectly clear way.

DarthPaul

October 09, 2009, 10:05:31 am #131 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Funny I had the feeling Tith had taken a disliking to me.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

October 09, 2009, 02:09:15 pm #132 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Arch - You are a giant douche bag, but I appreciate that fact.  I don't think you should let up on your atheist beliefs, because that would be contrary to your obstinate nature you show on every subject.  I appreciate your honesty, even though I disagree with you most of the time.  I admire the amount of work you have done for FFH.  Also, you are not fat.
Zod - Sometimes you go on a powertrip, but since you have all the power, I won't complain.  You are usally right anyway.  However, I dislike your atheist tirade as you never provide reason for your belief (unlike Arch).
Dome - You should never be a forum mod.  For any forum.  On any website.  Ever.
Cheetor - I appreciate you the most.
Zoz - You rock alot as well.
LD - It amazes how much work you have done for your patch.
Magitek - I've never seen anyone ask for a banhammer as much and as many times as you have.
Tithin - Your opinion typically annoy me, but I think that is your goal anyway.
Philsov - You are the most sane person on this site.  Thanks for using your head before you type.
BP - My good man, you bring joy to my life.
DP - You avatar's smile is terribly drawn.  I hate it but not you.  You are fine.

Universal Healthcare - It works in country's with smaller populations, but it will probably not work on a federal level in the US.  Having dealt with the nightmares of Medicare have shown me that it will probably not work.  However, maybe a healthcare plan enacted by each state might work.  Scalewise, this would be more akin to the European countries with Universal Healthcare.

Athiesm/Thesim - The natural universe is agnostic.  Science can make no definitive statement for or against the existence of God.  This is why a religion of pure reason (historical deism) fails.  Revealed religion has more merit, as it relies on faith.  This faith does not deny reason, rather reason informs that faith.

Capitalism - Not good. Not bad. It's amoral. It is a tool. Much like a hammer, it can be used to build or destroy. Same goes for communism.

Kingdom Hearts - Fun, not worthy of disdain, but not worthy of praise. KHII lame, except for the gummi ship.  The gummi ship could be it's own seperate franchise it so fun.

Twilight - I read the first one.  Not sure what the big deal is, but if women think like Bella, I want beat my head against the wall.

Sarcasm on the Internet - Hard to detect unless incredibly overt.

tl;dr - I don't blame you.

Mental_Gear

October 09, 2009, 02:23:58 pm #133 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
Namco should never create an online mode ever again.

Vanya

October 09, 2009, 02:29:23 pm #134 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I seem to have slid under the radar.
Just the way I like it.
After all, I am ninja! ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

philsov

October 09, 2009, 02:41:43 pm #135 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
I see you winding, grinding up on that pole
I know you see me looking at you and you already know
I wanna love you (love you)
You already know~
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

dwib

October 09, 2009, 03:18:09 pm #136 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
If i didn't like gojoe so much I'd like kokojo more

Shade

October 09, 2009, 04:16:11 pm #137 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Someone on fucking Japan MAKE ANIME ABOUT VAMPIRES THE WAY THY SHOULD BE!
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Archael

October 09, 2009, 04:24:43 pm #138 Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 04:44:14 pm by Archael
QuoteAthiesm/Thesim - The natural universe is agnostic. Science can make no definitive statement for or against the existence of St. Ajora. This is why a religion of pure reason (historical deism) fails. Revealed religion has more merit, as it relies on faith. This faith does not deny reason, rather reason informs that faith.
The default position for anything lacking evidence is that it doesn't exist.

We weigh the validity of claims based on the quality of evidence presented, and how this matches up with the claim itself.

We don't assume things to be true due to a lack of evidence, we assume them to be false in that case.

QuoteScience can make no definitive statement for or against the existence of St. Ajora.
As you just pointed out, there IS no evidence to be found for or against the g0d claim. The LACK of evidence in this case seems to suggest that since there is no evidence for us to analyze in the first place, that the original claim is false.

The natural universe contains no true evidence for creation (from any religion) and no traces of a god (save the descriptions of god which are non-religious, such as "god is love, god is energy, etc" which reduce god to something that isn't god anymore).

The default position (from what we can observe in this universe) is that there is no evidence for a god, especially not a religious god. When we run into claims with zero evidence behind them, the default position is the lack of belief in the claim. It's not "Maybe", it's "I don't believe that, sorry".

In this case, faith DOES deny reason, big time. And reason isn't informing faith, or else you would stop all faith immediately upon realizing the lack of evidence behind the religious claims.

------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof

The Fallacy of Demanding Negative Proof

Outside a legal context, "burden of proof" means that someone suggesting a new theory or stating a claim must provide evidence to support it: it is not sufficient to say "you can't disprove this." Specifically, when anyone is making a bold claim, and especially a positive claim, it is not someone else's responsibility to disprove the claim, but is rather the responsibility of the person who is making the bold claim to prove it. In short, X is not proven simply because "not X" cannot be proven (see negative proof).

ban

October 09, 2009, 04:33:24 pm #139 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ban
Zodiac sucks as he always bans me. And he shaves his balls. What a shame.
Arch is a cool Atheist/troll/troll atheist/whatever
Dome... congrats on getting a green name!
philsov. The REAL man. The master of the game.
bastard-poetry-who-hates-when-completeboy-calls-him-bastard. Bastard. Just kidding, your cock is great. And CoK, too.
Kokojo. Awsum patch. CoP ftw!
Samuri the geomancer. don't cry. I think you can win the next auto-battle tournament.
Vanya. Puerto Rico rules. Cuba rules more.
All the other guys. Cheers from PSP MASTER!!
*waits for double chainsaw of justice that is a fucking joke and DOES NOTHING*.