• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:40:00 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

How to use FFTastic, cannot find save game

Started by Punkioinapit713, March 07, 2020, 06:19:21 pm

Punkioinapit713

I'm trying to use FFTastic yet I don't know where my saves are going so I can edit them. Please help.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

-Leonardo da Vinci
  • Discord username: Punkioinapit713

Xifanie

Put yourself in our shoes... not only are we FFT modding community and not an emulator discussion/development community, thus we can't guarantee the answer you're looking for, but you're not even telling us which emulator you're using!

When asking for help, always wonder if you're asking the right people the right questions while providing as much meaningful information as you can think of. All hastily asking questions does it take more of our time as well as yours before you find/get an answer.

We're also not a cheating community. Sure, a minority of our members want to cheat, but there's very few of them so most of us aren't even familiar with FFT Save Editing programs.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Punkioinapit713

March 08, 2020, 12:08:22 am #2 Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:13:02 pm by Punkioinapit713
Ok I am sorry then. I'll try and add whatever useful information I can think of. I am Using pSX I am now currently attempting to change a .GME to a file time that I can use as a game save for FFT...   I am using a save in the save folder yet the game saves to the memory card. Not only will the game refuse to load the one in the save menu but the one in the memory folder is inaccessible.
I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

-Leonardo da Vinci

Punkioinapit713

Ok, What is the original file type for game save for Final Fantasy Tactics on the pSX? That way I can edit it back as a game save and try playing it. I'm sorry I don't give a million details. I'll try to do better in the future..

-Leonardo da Vinci

Nyzer

An entire emulated memory card AFAIK. I'm sure there's some way to import the raw save to an emulated memory card, but I couldn't tell you offhand. You'd have to google that.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Punkioinapit713

I believe I have that yet, the save is in the card data and I cannot change things with the editor. While sorry, what I mean is that I can change everything using the editor yet none of it saves I'll go in the game and it plays as it was before I tried to edit it. Also, I saw some cold video of someone making a couple new jobs I believe they were Watcher, Pious Knight, Heaven Knight, and a few others. And it was moded/edited so that they where those jobs with those abilities they had and everything in the second battle, when you are a fresh recruit. Do you know of any mods/edits such as these I would really love to use something like this and all... Thank you for all of your help, guidance, and patience with me.

-Leonardo da Vinci

Xifanie

Quote from: Punkioinapit713 on March 13, 2020, 07:11:23 pmWhile sorry, what I mean is that I can change everything using the editor yet none of it saves I'll go in the game and it plays as it was before I tried to edit it.
You say you're using pSX... are you loading a savestate before trying to load a hard save? pSX doesn't update the memory card data on the fly; it keeps it in memory. You have to re-launch the game entirely.

If that's not it, it could also be forgetting to change back to mcr, updating the wrong memory card, etc.

I guess the better question if none of this worked: If you reload the file you edited in Tastic, are your changes there or not?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Punkioinapit713

no the changes are not there although, as you stated I may have to load a savestatem, not sure how to do that and then load a hard save. We will see.

-Leonardo da Vinci

Xifanie

No, I meant loading from a savestate then loading a hard save could cause the issue to happen. You might even have to restart the emulator, I'm not 100% sure.

Punkioinapit713

restart as in turn everything off and then back on. Or do you mean uninstalling then reinstalling?

-Leonardo da Vinci

Xifanie

As in closing the program and re-opening it

Punkioinapit713

I was wondering what is better to use... pSX or ePSXe? What's the difference... do you guys and gals use ePSXe?

-Leonardo da Vinci

3lric

Quote from: Punkioinapit713 on March 15, 2020, 12:08:54 pmI was wondering what is better to use... pSX or ePSXe? What's the difference... do you guys and gals use ePSXe?

If you have to choose between those two:

ePSXe, playing the game
pSX, bugtesting/memory editing

Punkioinapit713

Sorry. I'm use to installing and playing mods on stuff like Skyrim and Mass Effect. I'm not used to patching and with the game save editing, It was easier on Mass Effect... So, can  anybody point me in the right direction for some guides for patching and games save editing for FFT and FFT WoTL on PSP. Also how to get FFT working on the ePSXe so like Elric said I can learn to bugtest and memory edit on pSX and play on ePSXe.. Sorry for asking a lot, I'm just not used to trying to get thing working on this platform. Like I said it was easier on the other games I play. Cause of Nexu Mods and all. Thank you for all the help you guys have given me...

-Leonardo da Vinci

3lric

Quote from: Punkioinapit713 on March 15, 2020, 10:36:58 pmSorry. I'm use to installing and playing mods on stuff like Skyrim and Mass Effect. I'm not used to patching and with the game save editing, It was easier on Mass Effect... So, can  anybody point me in the right direction for some guides for patching and games save editing for FFT and FFT WoTL on PSP. Also how to get FFT working on the ePSXe so like Elric said I can learn to bugtest and memory edit on pSX and play on ePSXe.. Sorry for asking a lot, I'm just not used to trying to get thing working on this platform. Like I said it was easier on the other games I play. Cause of Nexu Mods and all. Thank you for all the help you guys have given me...

Well bethesda games are made to be modded and does most of the things for you.

This is a whole different world. Ive modded fallout games for years. Lol there are tutorials on patching, in the tutorials section.

Punkioinapit713

Hello I just patched my FFT with The Lion War and the tried to play it on ePSXe and when I load up the ISO it just goes black and then crashes. I haven't patched it with anything else and I follow the direction of for the patch on a youtube video.. Not sure what I did wrong ,but that's what happend....

-Leonardo da Vinci

yamish

Quote from: Punkioinapit713 on March 17, 2020, 01:18:33 amHello I just patched my FFT with The Lion War and the tried to play it on ePSXe and when I load up the ISO it just goes black and then crashes. I haven't patched it with anything else and I follow the direction of for the patch on a youtube video.. Not sure what I did wrong ,but that's what happend....

First I'd try it on a couple different emulators because TLW is stable. Epsxe is far from perfect, BUT its imperfections do allow things like ALMA that have potential load delays to work better. That said, tlw worked on epsxe for me.

It's possible the iso you're patching is the issue as well. There is a thread around here somewhere with md5 hashes to compare the iso you're using against.

I know it can seem frustrating when you don't have full understanding of applications and interoperability, but once you work through these issues you're experiencing, you'll have greater understanding to apply to all sorts of none fft modding scenarios. Just keep at it and don't get discouraged.
  • Discord username: riggz raggz