• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:39:00 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Item Creation with FFTPatcher & FFTactext v.457

Started by Enosioph, May 20, 2010, 08:28:49 pm

Enosioph

Here's a bit of something ive been experimenting lately... *noob*

i do was able to create items tru the Item(s) listed with a blank and written in japanese kanjis (Items 297/アイテム297)
I was able to apply their rightful effects and etc tru FFTPatcher.
But for item name and description on FFTactext v.457, i dont seem to get it...
well, yes i kinda get it.
item name --> BOOT.BIN[28E5EC] --> 8. Item names --> *Changed "アイテム297" under Text
item description --> BOOT.BIN[32D368] --> 14: Item descriptions --> *Added coded info on the similar item above under Text

after that, I go --> ISO --> Patch ISO...
Then,
Success!

Starting the game, i noticed that the items are there, but the description and name of the item(s) are not present...
where did i go wrong??

Tigerspike

In the Text option scroll down to QuickEdit, then change item name and description, this should take care of your issue.

To sum up:
Text-->QuickEdit-->ItemDescriptions
Text-->QuickEdit-->ItemNames

This will make the changes to every place the name and descriptions pop up in the game.  I made a similar mistake the first time I tried out FFTactext.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

Enosioph

Quote from: "Tigerspike"In the Text option scroll down to QuickEdit, then change item name and description, this should take care of your issue.

To sum up:
Text-->QuickEdit-->ItemDescriptions
Text-->QuickEdit-->ItemNames

This will make the changes to every place the name and descriptions pop up in the game.  I made a similar mistake the first time I tried out FFTactext.

i see, worked, well for the naming.
another question, so from now on i only edit the  QuickEdit?

Tigerspike

Well, the QuickEdit is great for what it does, but there are certain things that it doesn't edit.  I doubt that will be a problem, though.  Just check out the various menus and you should get the hang of it.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

Enosioph

Last question, sometimes, there's this failed error, when patching the ISO.
what do u think is the cause of it?
this frequently happens doing advance changes like Job Naming, or Job/skill dscriptions, etc.

Tigerspike

Not sure why this error happens, but here's a work-around for the failed error--before you patch your ISO, save your text patch (it will be saved as *.ffttext).  Close the program, re-open your .ffttext file and you can then patch your ISO with the text changes.

philsov

Quote from: "Enosioph"another question, so from now on i only edit the  QuickEdit?

Each text edit performed in quickedit edits the text in anywhere from 2 to 6 different sections where the base locations are found.  So if you do the edits without quick edit, you need to make sure and carrythrough to all the other locations.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Enosioph

i did that, but everytime i edit it, it shud automatically edit on the other sections.
when i double checked those diff sections, the edited names should match the others, but still commits the same error.

this happens when i edit job names (PSP)

bruno_bard

I know this is not the place but I like to know if I can change anda translate the dialogues with FFTacText Editor? I saw various entries, but I can't find wich one was the entries that have the dialogues texts.
thanks

Tigerspike

@Enosioph--I haven't had that problem myself, but I'm not editing the PSP version.  I've been able to edit job names and descriptions without any problems using the PSX iso.

@bruno_bard--The only way that I know how to edit dialogue is through event editing, which requires different programs.  Search for event compiler/decompiler, you should be able to find a topic that can help you.