• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:04:05 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Unable to Open .SPR on ShishiSpriteEditor

Started by Enosioph, May 16, 2010, 01:04:01 am

Enosioph

Sorry if I'm askin such a nooby question, but i recently got my hold on the latest ShishiSpriteEditor, and ive been getting sprites from http://www.ffhacktics.com/sprites.php?s ... 0&show=all
but for some odd reasons, those sprites that are 64kb, i cant seem to open em and i keep gettin those errors. some of em, like within 44-kb range, i can open though...

how do i open those that are 64kb?
late take "Cloud (Ver.2) " as an example...how??

also note:
this is for psp

Lijj

Try an earlier version of Shi-shi's. Sorry I don't have time to search and link you. If thou seeketh thou shall find.
  • Modding version: PSX

formerdeathcorps

Actually, that's a problem because he doesn't have the latest version of ShiShi.  The latest version of ShiShi extends all sprites to 65536 KB precisely so this problem wouldn't happen.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Enosioph

the version i used is the 1.0.0.457
thats the latest one available on http://www.ffhacktics.com/downloads.php
w/c comes along with the FFTPatcher

the older ones that found of FFTPatcher that has older versions of ShishiSpriteEditor are:
FFTPatcher-v0.271
FFTPatcher-v0.352

these 3 versions that i have seems to be not workin well for me...i cant find any better version than .457

if some1 has a link to the latest version or wat number it is...let me know

Mega_Tyrant

It's probably a WOTL ISO, no extension available for WOTL.  I think the readme said because of "overlapping" sprites.
RAWR!

Enosioph

Quote from: "Mega_Tyrant"It's probably a WOTL ISO, no extension available for WOTL.  I think the readme said because of "overlapping" sprites.

i dont get wat ur tryin to say...
you sayin a got bad ISO and its impossible to use the sprites avail?

Mega_Tyrant

No, I'm saying that the WOTL ISOs cant be extended like the PSX FFT ISO.  If you want to put those sprites into a WOTL ISO you'll have to download an earlier version of Shishi.  The .352 version should work seeing as that's the version I use to bypass the byte size limit (only problem I see there is that since the files aren't being extended you're probably gonna be writing over some other data, I have no idea what effect that would have on the game).  You can get it off the lioneditor project site, here's a link:  
http://code.google.com/p/lioneditor/dow ... p&can=2&q=
RAWR!

Enosioph

Quote from: "Mega_Tyrant"No, I'm saying that the WOTL ISOs cant be extended like the PSX FFT ISO.  If you want to put those sprites into a WOTL ISO you'll have to download an earlier version of Shishi.  The .352 version should work seeing as that's the version I use to bypass the byte size limit (only problem I see there is that since the files aren't being extended you're probably gonna be writing over some other data, I have no idea what effect that would have on the game).  You can get it off the lioneditor project site, here's a link:  
http://code.google.com/p/lioneditor/dow ... p&can=2&q=

yea, i got that one, but strange though...
when i try to run the PSP iso on it by ISO --> PSP --> "Import sprites from ISO" the sprites wont load,
athough when i load it on the ISO --> PSX --> "Import sprites from ISO"
it loads, but the sprites are all messed up.
wonder why...

if what im using is correct, its not Shishi Sprite editor, but a Shishi sprite manager

Mega_Tyrant

It might be your ISO then.  Try ripping a new ISO from your UMD and import the sprites from the new one instead.
RAWR!

Enosioph

Quote from: "Mega_Tyrant"It might be your ISO then.  Try ripping a new ISO from your UMD and import the sprites from the new one instead.

hmmm, u think so?
well, originally the ISO was CSO, coz i uncompressed it from CSO to ISO.
worked on 457 & 271 though...
maybe il try it with another ISO file.

Mega_Tyrant

Generally when going from CSO to ISO there are problems, because most if not everyone removes the dummy files prior to compression and that seems to cause problems.  A fresh ISO from the UMD is generally the best way to start.
RAWR!

Enosioph

yea, its tested. it works now. tnx for the tip