• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:08:43 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Diabling "XXX is Broken" message from Samurai formulas

Started by R999, April 27, 2010, 08:14:01 pm

R999

I believe this has two parts,

1) The Broken status message that appears at the caster, and

2) The "is Broken" dialogue message that appears.

Would like to get rid of them so one can safely use the Samurai formulas, which can deal MA*Y damage + 25% status, MA based MP damage non Faith dependent, and a faith independent zodiac independent MA Heal.

Razele's Katana break %'s. (haven't tried this yet)
SCUS_942.21
0x543EC = Asura
0x543F4 = Koutetsu
0x543FC = Bizen Boat
0x54404 = Murasame
0x5440C = Heaven's Cloud
0x54414 = Kiyomori
0x5441C = Muramasa
0x54424 = Kikuichimoji
0x5442C = Masamune
0x54434 = Chirijiraden

I take it that these are the offsets for the break %s?  Though I am not sure if it changes the Broken Messages being displayed, as I have tried, using the formula on Cure 1 still makes the Broken show up, even though no Katana was referenced; I haven't checked if a Katana like Asura was in inventory when I tested this though.

I don't care about Samurai's no where near as much as if I could use some of these formulas.  Much thanks in advance.

formerdeathcorps

Those offsets are also the offsets describing the WP of those katanas.  If no katana is referenced, it probably defaults to that of the first katana, so if the Asura Knife had 0 WP, your chances of seeing a Katana Break message would also be 0.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Timbo

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

R999

After testing over 100 times or so on 3 abilities set to different Samurai Draw Out formulas with Ashura WP set to 0, there was only one occurence of breaking. Personally, I think this makes it safe to use the DO formulas on other abilities, so long as Ashura's WP is set to 0.  My intuition tells me that if you don't have any katana at all sitting in your inventory, you likely won't ever see this message. I had 3 Ashura Knifes in my inventory during the test.

Update: Now tested on enemy and player teams. So with Infinite Ashura Knives and 0 Ashura Knives. No breaks observed in 100 attempts. I say these formulas are now safe to use as long as Ashura Knife's WP is set to 0.