• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:04:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Crystal's Abilities and Learn Rate Question

Started by Fenrir90, August 04, 2012, 10:57:22 am

Fenrir90

I have a few question regarding the crystals and the learn rate. I'm looking for some clarifications.

So, how does this % work for the crystal? I remember reading somewhere on the forum about the % being connected to one another but never offered any explanations as to how and I can't seem to connect to dots. So yeah, I'm missing something. I do know the Learn Rate % is related to enemy unit/guest's and what abilities they will have.

Learn Rate: The higher the %, to more likely they'll learn (spend JPs) that ability.

Crystal Ability/Abilities (PSX, don't know about PSP version): From my experiences with crystals, regardless of the ability that you pick to learn from it. You end up learning all abilities from that dead unit regardless of your choice. Is this a bug or is this how it's suppose to work? I've always wondered why the game specifically ask which ability (singular) you want to learn, but end up learning all abilities on the list.

RavenOfRazgriz

Learn Rate is the % chance the AI will spend JP on that skill.  It also goes down the Skill List from top to bottom so if you want to min-max your AI you should order the skill list with higher-priority skills on the top and lower ones on the bottom.  Learn Rate also affects the % chance of learning that particular skill from a Crystal when picking up a Crystal from a unit that knows said skill.

Learning all skills on the list is not a bug.  You're presented with the list so that you can view which skills the unit knew made it into that particular Crystal and, in the case you don't know what they do, press Select and view the tooltip for them.