• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Reports

Started by Xifanie, December 19, 2007, 02:32:51 pm

Xifanie

December 19, 2007, 02:32:51 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Today I've continued my searching for the formulas, the god damned formulas.

I've gone through:
- 50% chance Critical for Physical attacks (100% for phys skills) AND double damage (140 dam Stasis Sword Wiegraf 1 >_>')
- Normal attack > Demon Fire!?!
- Fucked the height values of the map I was currently in, at least now I know where the map is loaded in the RAM.
- Linear attack for every unit on the same X range of the targeted panel (can include user), as well as any action taken on that line (auto potion restored everyone by 70 on the same line. >_>') Magical attack became completely useless, they wouldn't cast.
- Super strong normal attacks: Knight 5PA/Long sword for 880 dam, Delita was dealing 192, and errr monks for 21? XD

And now here I am, hands still empty. >:(

I don't even know if I'm closer to finding them, but some of those effects were hilarious. Especially when Wiegraf countered my 9 dam rod attack, killing his 2 other teammates in the process.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

VincentCraven

December 19, 2007, 03:20:22 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Sounds like you are on the right track though. Which file are you hacking?

And what did Wiegraf use to counter and kill two of his own units, Counter Flood?
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Xifanie

December 19, 2007, 03:23:55 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
No, it was a normal attack, see my 4th glitch.

I'm not editing a file, I'm directly hacking the RAM. However I'd bet it's battle.bin.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Xifanie

December 19, 2007, 04:41:06 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Found some weiiiird palce that effects some attacks and skills that gives themm 25% to add statuses that BYPASSES immunities... I can't get anything logical to happen though, so I'll leave that for now.

karsten

December 19, 2007, 04:51:46 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Zodiac"Found some weiiiird palce that effects some attacks and skills that gives themm 25% to add statuses that BYPASSES immunities... I can't get anything logical to happen though, so I'll leave that for now.

quite funny effects tought... :)

Xifanie

December 19, 2007, 04:55:17 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
:roll:

I'm always thinking of new ways to ahve less data to check... I think that one might be the good one.

But damn, I never thought that just that would give me so much trouble!

karsten

December 19, 2007, 04:56:23 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
you're in a good mood? your lady is treating you well? ;)

Zodiac: XD just forget it...

Xifanie

December 21, 2007, 10:13:42 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Super Critical Mode is awesome :O

Every physical damage now is calculated as being between minimum damage to maximum damage of the attack or something like that... Like my rod could hit 6 to 12, but damage calculated was shown as 9. I'm not sure if this affects the AI but I'm positive.

And Critical Hits occurs 25% of the time.

I have a super parry mode too but it sucks... blocking with weapons, any evasion, etc. even while charging or anything. In about 12 normal attacks, Delita got hit once by boco on back. However he did block with his shield a few times even on his back. :/