• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

First time. Tips?

Started by thisisstupid999, May 16, 2012, 01:01:28 am

thisisstupid999

May 16, 2012, 01:01:28 am Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:52:45 am by thisisstupid999
I'm going to make a Ramza variant:

- Primary colors red and gold
- Upturned head, confident look (much like Delita's portrait chapters 2-3)
- Cape
- Shorter, better kept hair like his chapter 4 hair

Any tips before I start this? And what program would be best for this? I've heard paint, but I'm not sure...I feel like it's going to be hard.

Also, I have a few questions about Shishi. Before I proceed, know that I use the PSP version.

- What do I do when the sprite file is too big? This happens a lot.
- The new sprite only shows up in battle. What do I have to do to put it into cutscenes, party overview, etc.?

Kagebunji

Use Graphics Gale, it's the most user friendly program I tried so far.

For the sprite you wish to make, I would use Ramza Ch2-3 sprite, turn it into red and gold theme, then copy/paste arms from Delita Ch2 sprite, that way arms should be easy. Cape is probably gonna be hardest, depending on which one you wanna add. Changing Ramza's hair on sprite is a bad idea, since every single change already makes it look weird, Ramza's head is just gay.

It happened to me too when I tried to impport new sprites to my WoTL ISO, I don't remember how I fixed it, or if I even bothered to fix it.

If you want the sprite to show up in Formation screen etc., you need to import two more images, there is a detailed tutorial on it here, check it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

thisisstupid999

I looked around and didn't find the tutorial. I found one on making the sprites themselves, but nothing about importing them.

thisisstupid999

So I've downloaded Graphics Gale and I'm doing alright with it since I've taken classes before that required me to use Photoshop, but there's a few things I can't figure out:

- When I use the color selector tool I can only select a color once, very much unlike the magic wand in photoshop. After I make my selection it changes my cursor to a mover tool. How do I click and select multiple colors?
- I decided to use Ramza's chapter 4 sprite but the portrait's colors are inversed. What the heck happened?

Kagebunji

I dunno why you would want to select multiple colors at once in the first place, not neccesarry.

Here is the tutorial, it was in help.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6702.0

thisisstupid999

The reason I want to select multiple colors is because I'm going to alter some of the colors with effects instead of going through with a pen and recoloring everything. I was going to select all the blue of the sprite and alter it to look a kind of maroon color.

And thanks for the tutorial. This should help a lot.

Kagebunji

You just right click the color you want and recolor it in the palette window. It's selecting a single color, not multiple though, heh.

Jon

Yeah, use Palette Editor if you wanna just change colors. Or do like Kage says, click on the color in the palette and change it with the little slide things at the bottom of the box. Your in luck, Conman made in the topic We need moar monsters a bunch of cut out capes http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7249.msg173449#msg173449

Good luck! :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!