• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:30:50 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

What about Zalmo?

Started by Dome, March 06, 2009, 09:28:59 am

Dome

March 06, 2009, 09:28:59 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
I don't know if it has already been asked, and if it has, sorry...
Anyway, what are you planning to do with Zalmo? I always tought it could be a good character to play...
Maybe (if the battle remains the same) it could be recruited if he reach the critical status in the second battle where you encounter him (the one with delita).
what do you think? it could be a good idea or not?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Zozma

March 06, 2009, 12:17:54 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well there is currently no more menu sprite space. but zalmo's skills will be too good to let him join. hes going to have an upgrade to his "white-aid" skillset which will include magic barrier, esunaga, and the versions of the oracle skills that he can actually use. i already know that he LOVES casting mbarrier and will usually try to use that instead of doing anything else... well it will be interesting anyway.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

philsov

March 06, 2009, 12:19:43 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Just make Holy Priest not immune to knockback.

*cough*
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Zozma

March 06, 2009, 12:28:11 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
lol no kidding

Smitson

March 13, 2009, 10:46:37 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
I hate him. I wish he was never in the game, NPC or playable character.

Zozma

March 13, 2009, 10:49:57 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well i guess someone had to be the one to brand ramza a heretic officially tho he doesn't seem 100% crucial to the story, i suppose someone else could easily fill that spot. but i hadn't planned on changing that so far.

Dome

March 14, 2009, 03:54:35 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
I always tought that it could be a PC...
He doesn't know about lucavi, is just a puppet in the church hand...
Or i remember wrong?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Smitson

March 15, 2009, 01:50:29 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "Dome"I always tought that it could be a PC...
He doesn't know about lucavi, is just a puppet in the church hand...
Or i remember wrong?

Nope you're right...

I don't see a need to make him playable though

Zozma

March 15, 2009, 11:56:03 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hes one of those, caught in the crossfire... devoted to the church he so believes in he is mislead and it costs him his life.

Zozma

Hmm, hes a butt ugly character... perhaps he could be completely replaced with one of my new characters as someone you get after the fight at the church, which could then be re-vamped completely to be a much more epic battle.

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

but whoooo..... you've seen my cast of special characters.. hmmmm

jimmyjw88

Hmm....Are all the special characters been used? Is there any left for this spot?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

Candidates:

Sorceress Teitra [a guest thru most of chapter 1 and 2 story battles in chapter 4]
Sniper Melodia [3 story battles and a DD random]
Divine Knight Meliadoul [unused for story battles]
Valkyrie Monica [2 story battles]
Arch Knight Ignis (recruitable) [appears in 3 story battles already]
Cross Knight Golagros
Paladin Beatrix (recruitable) [Hasnt been used yet]
Brawler Tamara [Hasnt been used yet]
Arch Witch Balmafula (recruitable) [Wasn't she originally hired by the church to spy on Delita?]
Terror Knight Miang [2 story battles chapter 2 and 4]

The best candidate in my opinion would be Beatrix as I have not managed to find a decent spot to include her in the game so far

jimmyjw88

Ooo....Yes!! Beatrix!! That battle would be epic!! DO IT!!
xD
But I hope that battle would be hard as its Beatrix. Make it that we may (high rate) lose if the strategy did not plan properly and execute accordingly.

Zozma

I would imagine so!

shes the 3rd of 3 spellblade types in the game

Shock
Thunder Slash
Stock Break
Climhazzard (AoE2)
---

Plus shell have white magic secondary (ill probably give her short charge or non charge for those)

jimmyjw88

Yes, make it hard but not too hard till impossible to win. Just hard enough for us to lose the battle or for us to lose something in exchange of her; something that's as valueable as her.

Kagebunji

Beatrix is awesome, will she have exclusive weapon on her?

Zozma

Save the Queen

if you all recall most weapons are rare, StQ is one of a kind, the only knight sword that isnt one of a kind is the defender

and back gate of Lezalia is kinda early for a unit to have a Save the Queen, so just imagine how raped your gonna be if your not careful lol

jimmyjw88

Do you think sacrificing one of the great party member (special characters) for the exchange of Beatrix would make the battle more interesting and challenging? And this battle, the exchange of Beatrix with another great special character will affect and change the aftermath, the course and the outcome in the future battles and stories, perhaps? Making the player to make the choice wisely.
Is it possible?