• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 03:45:01 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT 1.3 knight+bonecrusher(monk)

Started by zxc, March 16, 2010, 11:56:35 pm

zxc

I have a question regarding the monk reaction ability bonecrusher.
In the attached image you can see the setup of the knight I'm using with the ability.
I've bee using him and in the Zeklaus Dessert, while getting my ass whooped I decided to try it out since he was already with critical life, but when I used him to attack an archer the attack only does 43 instead of 128.
So my question is:
Does Bonecrusher only work when the one using it is a monk, is the ability bugged or am I missing something?

CidIII

It's a reaction ability, if I'm not mistaken, so it only works as a reaction to an attack, and it might only active when critical HP, I don't know.
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

Kaijyuu

Is this Hamedo or Meatbone Slash?

Meatbone Slash only works when critical, and iirc, should hit for your max health - current health.
  • Modding version: PSX

formerdeathcorps

I suspect he's thinking meatbone slash somehow converts his normal weapon attack into the superpowered attack when he's at critical health, which obviously isn't the case.  The fact that meatbone slash uses the weapon animation means that if he didn't pay attention in battle, he'd assume he actually did a normal weapon attack for 128 and be misled.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.