• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

My Genaric Chars can't use My Job Class's skills [RESOLVED]

Started by slandrew, March 11, 2010, 05:42:42 pm

slandrew

Hi guys, I've been trying to just get a working job class going for the past couple of days. Ive read through a lot of the tutorials and the forums, and I must say you guys do a good job with them. I am 98% done with my Red Mage class, but  when I tested it out, my store bought characters cannot use the abilities in battle. That, and on the ability reads and blank, instead of 'Red Magic' which is what I believe I set it as in the text editor.

That might just be an omission on my part, but the real problem is that when I go to use the ability in battle, it says 'No abilities can be used'. When Ramza does it though, it lets him use them just fine. I can learn the abilities just fine, and everything on the Job class and ability learning screens work and look fine. I edited the bards job class, and used a blank skillset (4D). I will go back to trying to figure out the problem now, but if you guys have any ideas, I appreciate it.

Thanks,
Slandrew

slandrew

Nevermind, a few more minutes of searching helped me out. Just a stupid oversight on my part. To anyone who has the same problem: Make sure you reset the emulators RAM, and also make sure you name the CORRECT skillset class, not the skillset clas of the job you are editing.

:gay: